International Duty 2016

I assume you mean Martinez?
New info is out that the Revs also lose Je-Vaughn Watson.

Correct and correct. Fixed both below.

We lose 3 guys and New England loses 2, but how much those departures cost depends on who replaces them in the lineup.​
    • Shelton for Mendoza - probably a wash; it will be interesting to see how Mendoza does over the course of a full game.
    • Mix for Lampard - Mix has been terrific, so this is a slight downgrade, particularly given Lampard's lack of match fitness. Still, if you are replacing a player with a guy like Lampard, life is not that bad. The biggest issue is probably Mix's workrate and help in defense.
    • Matarrita for ??? - Whether this is Martinez or one of the CBs is an interesting question, but clearly it's going to be a big loss. Matarrita has probably been our most reliable defender, and has been dangerous on the attack. He can't be replaced by one guy.
New England, on the other hand, loses their best player, Nguyen, and I can't imagine the replacement is going to be anywhere near as good. They also lose their starting RB, Je-Vaughn Watson, both to international duty and a red card. Not clear who they have backing him up, but he's a good player - MLS veteran and Jamaican national team regular.

Overall, City and NE each have one big loss, and their other loss might equal the marginal loss we get from our two.

Worth noting that former USMNT prodigy, Charlie Davies, missed the Revs last match with an injury. He was in the 18, so it's possible he will be back this week. He was their leading scorer last season.​

Last edited:
Reactions: joe and mgarbowski
His wife just gave birth to twins, so he could well be out for a few weeks. Don't know if he is also injured on top of that.

One of them is flat-footed and the other is half-flat/half arched.... Or the nurse was just really liberal with the ink pad.

And to keep on topic, there no way he is training/playing this week unless he's trying to win Delinquent-dad of the week. That first week is priceless with a newborn(s).

Reactions: joe
Not that it's in any way related, but didn't Brovsky miss about a month after his child was born?

Seemed more like the entire second half of the season but that may have just coincided with the rise of RJ Allen.

His wife just gave birth to twins, so he could well be out for a few weeks. Don't know if he is also injured on top of that.

He was subbed out early two games ago due to a hamstring injury, and he was in the 18 for the last game but didn't see the field. My guess is that they let him enjoy the twins and rest the hammie and come back in 2 weeks, but hard to say.

Seemed more like the entire second half of the season but that may have just coincided with the rise of RJ Allen.

That could be it. He made at least one 18 after he came back, so I just figured he either wasn't fit or wasn't performing well enough in training. Iraola and 2015 RJ give you two good options at RB though, so Jeb might have just been surplus to requirements.

Reactions: Paul
That could be it. He made at least one 18 after he came back, so I just figured he either wasn't fit or wasn't performing well enough in training. Iraola and 2015 RJ give you two good options at RB though, so Jeb might have just been surplus to requirements.
Sure, but Jeb could play either side of the defense, which being versatile is a huge plus for a bench player. With my tin-foil hat on, I really think JK buried him on the depth chart after taking the Paternity Leave - he was just that kind of curmudgeon coach that would hold it against a guy for missing practice, even if it was for a family milestone event.

Reactions: Paul
With my tin-foil hat on, I really think JK buried him on the depth chart after taking the Paternity Leave
Someone remind me to buy stock in Reynolds Wrap.

Reactions: Gene
FYP
Sure, but Jeb could equally poorly play either side of the defense, which being versatile is a huge plus for a bench player. With my tin-foil hat on, I really think JK buried him on the depth chart after taking the Paternity Leave - he was just that kind of curmudgeon coach that would hold it against a guy for missing practice, even if it was for a family milestone event.

That game is on the 29th, so it shouldn't (or I hope it shouldn't) have any effect this weekend.

Puerto Rico has a game Saturday but apparently Hernandez won't be allowed to join PR for it.

The rest of the PRNT met on Monday so either this was a late call up or NYCFC just told them off and won't release him until after the game. Vieira is a fan of Hernandez so it's no surprise.