International Duty 2016

The truth is that I think it's more likely that he doesn't make the 23.
I made sure to get my 2016 USMNT away jersey with "DISKERUD 10" on the back while I still could. I love the guy but I imagine his days of holding on to the 10 are, uh, ...numbered.

I want to seem him called up for the 23, and I want to see him play in the final at MetLife Stadium (wishful, yes). I also want him to be a contributing member of our team, but I think for a pro player being called up by your national team has got to be a nearly peak experience for your career.

As much as I don't want Mix to miss time, I would be excited for him to get the call, especially with the recent missteps by the MNT and some unnecessary scapegoating aimed in his direction directly and indirectly. It would suck if he didn't play much after getting the call, but the call itself still would seem to be special and reassuring. I also think it's great for NYC to have a player feature nationally (even on the bench) even if the tangible benefits are not readily apparent.

I hope he makes but i think hes a long shot with fabian johnson listed as a midfielder and pulisic close to a lock for the team.

Reactions: JayH
As much as I don't want Mix to miss time, I would be excited for him to get the call, especially with the recent missteps by the MNT and some unnecessary scapegoating aimed in his direction directly and indirectly. It would suck if he didn't play much after getting the call, but the call itself still would seem to be special and reassuring. I also think it's great for NYC to have a player feature nationally (even on the bench) even if the tangible benefits are not readily apparent.
If that's the case, we should cut mix next season and sign a USMNT stater (contributer) with all the cap room he takes up. Kind of rediculous to care about a token USMNT player who doesn't see the field for the USMNT.
I think I agree with you both.

And, from F Scott Fitzgerald, "The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

And I think I'm still functioning. Ergo, first-rate intelligence?

Reactions: adam and JayH
Say Pirlo is called up for the Italian national team, Mix is called up to the US for Copa America, Lampard isn't coming back anytime soon. What does that leave us in the midfield for all of those games? We need depth. We need to get to the playoffs this season.

Say Pirlo is called up for the Italian national team, Mix is called up to the US for Copa America, Lampard isn't coming back anytime soon. What does that leave us in the midfield for all of those games? We need depth. We need to get to the playoffs this season.
If that happens and we lose Mata too, expect a lot of Route-1 football played from the Defense up to the Forwards. That or counterattacking.