It's Official: David Villa

Before this turns into a UK lingo-fest, care to help out us stateside folk

All the rumors pointed towards the early signings playing with Melbourne Heart until the season. It would be huge for MH to get Villa. Though I honestly have no idea when their season is.
October to April schedule in the A-League.

Reactions: einwindir
The group also now has an interest in Yokohama so another possibility.

Many Mancs would love him at the Etihad til NYC start pre season. Silva and Villa are great mates too, so im hopeful
I think they have made it official that he wont be playing any games for city.

Pretty sure I a quote from nycfc on twitter saying he wont be. I'll comb through my feed again.

The group also now has an interest in Yokohama so another possibility.

Many Mancs would love him at the Etihad til NYC start pre season. Silva and Villa are great mates too, so im hopeful

Oi you! Hands off our only player.. :eek::D

But seriously, the info have been a bit vague on what he´ll do until pre-season starts. No doubt Melbourne would love to have him for some games but we´ll see what happens.

Pretty sure I a quote from nycfc on twitter saying he wont be. I'll comb through my feed again.

Just looked through their twitter feed and the official press release and didn't see anything regarding his training/playing arrangement before the season start.

Personally I'd much rather see him train with MCFC than go to Melbourne. Nothing against Melbourne but the competition will keep him focused and training would be more what he is accustomed to.

Personally I'd much rather see him train with MCFC than go to Melbourne. Nothing against Melbourne but the competition will keep him focused and training would be more what he is accustomed to.

The A-league rules just allow ten games anyway..

Wouldn't they wait for the new Adidas templates for the 2015/2016 season? Adidas seems to debut them in the MLS and then parse them out to the other clubs around the world they sponsor.

They said earlier that they would debut the home jersey after the World Cup, so late summer/early fall time (my guess is after the transfer window to give another event to get people talking NYCFC in that lull).

They said earlier that they would debut the home jersey after the World Cup, so late summer/early fall time (my guess is after the transfer window to give another event to get people talking NYCFC in that lull).

That would be right around new template release time.

Or perhaps NYCFC will receive a one-off?

Playing with MC would help maintain his skills through comparable competition. Playing with MH will boost interest in MH.

ManC doesn't need the likes of Villa to put asses in seats. But it definitely wouldn't hurt Heart.

Playing with MC would help maintain his skills through comparable competition. Playing with MH will boost interest in MH.

ManC doesn't need the likes of Villa to put asses in seats. But it definitely wouldn't hurt Heart.

He could also be going back to Atletico or Valencia on loan.

The question is would you rather him be in top fitness and form for the season start or contributing to the City Family's prestige?

I have to admit that it is a little embarrassing that they didn't have a jersey ready for the announcement. A little lame that he just had a t-shirt. I know that there are other factors involved (shirt sponsor, MLS, Adidas), but they've have a year to figure it all out. My guess is this deal was also in the works for sometime. By the chatter on Twitter, there is a done of demand, and they would have sold a bunch today.

That's nice, but I'm surprised they didn't announce a jersey as well. We can just keep looking at the mockup I designed until then.

nycfc-jersey-villa.jpg
Could you also do the other kits too?
When you have the time of course :D