Jersey postmatch

What is best in life?

giphy.gif

I get that everyone is happy after a win but come on. We are a possession team that got out possessed the entire game. We couldn't string passes through Midfield, and we didn't create any decent scoring chances. Villas goals came not from build up or team play, they came from fluky bounces that he turned into something.

Lalas was fine. It is a shame that a team he's credited for possession type play would not be able to hold the ball against the shitty red bulls. If last night is our new style we're the same as every other defend and counter team in MLS.

Reactions: NYdoesitEZ
I also forget to mention....anybody who says "Darby" deserves to be punched, then kicked, right where it hurts most. It's not even a freakin word. It's just how some folks from the British aisle say "Derby", unless your one of those folks from that certain part of that certain Island across the pond, PLEASE SHUT THE FUCK UP OR JUST SAY DERBY. This was really pissing me off all week.
Thanks.

I also forget to mention....anybody who says "Darby" deserves to be punched, then kicked, right where it hurts most. It's not even a freakin word. It's just how some folks from the British aisle say "Derby", unless your one of those folks from that certain part of that certain Island across the pond, PLEASE SHUT THE FUCK UP OR JUST SAY DERBY. This was really pissing me off all week.
Thanks.
My policy is: if you are reaming someone for a pronunciation or grammar error, make sure your post is at least spelled right.

I get that everyone is happy after a win but come on. We are a possession team that got out possessed the entire game. We couldn't string passes through Midfield, and we didn't create any decent scoring chances. Villas goals came not from build up or team play, they came from fluky bounces that he turned into something.

Lalas was fine. It is a shame that a team he's credited for possession type play would not be able to hold the ball against the shitty red bulls. If last night is our new style we're the same as every other defend and counter team in MLS.
I think that's harsh. Possession was 44%-56%, and we definitely didn't get out possessed the entire game, as there were stretches where we had the ball more. Shots were even at 16 all, but we had more SOG at 10 to 7. Thought we created the better chances for sure. Think about Lewis' maybe PK, Harrison getting taken down, Sweat being unable to shoot on target. A lot of RB's shots were from distance as well.

I agree that while it was a big win, it wasn't one of our best played games.

I think that's harsh. Possession was 44%-56%, and we definitely didn't get out possessed the entire game, as there were stretches where we had the ball more. Shots were even at 16 all, but we had more SOG at 10 to 7. Thought we created the better chances for sure. Think about Lewis' maybe PK, Harrison getting taken down, Sweat being unable to shoot on target. A lot of RB's shots were from distance as well.

I agree that while it was a big win, it wasn't one of our best played games.
44% for a team that wants to have 60%? Not good.

He just strikes me as never happy with NYC. And maybe I need to rewatch and listen, but he would comment on our struggles to beat the press when we were playing out of the back, and then complain when we played it long to get out of trouble
And also, mgarbowski, curious to hear your thoughts if you watch more of the replay. Lalas def comes off as having a mouthful of sour grapes. And his post match comments don't seem to dispute that.

I look at Lalas as someone who likes to say things he sometimes doesn't even believe just to stir the pot, which can certainly be annoying on its own, but it tends to surprise me when people -- fans of all teams -- take it personally like he especially is targeting their team. And on this specific issue he has so consistently shown his appreciation for NYC's playing from the back that it seemed odd to complain that he is actually remaining consistent about it.

I haven't had a chance to watch the whole telecast. But I have no doubt he said annoying things. It would be just like him to want to cut down the team that just had the big rousing win during the post-game. That's his MO. "Oh, Team A just had a special moment? Let me cut them down to size." That's how he works. But because he's a universal offender in that respect, I see no point in taking his bait.

Last edited:
A RB fan was making conversation with an older NYCFC fan on the train ride home and asked him if he has been an NYCFC fan his whole life.