Jersey postmatch

completely disagree. its a contact sport. we were never taught that at school boy level. stay on your feet as long as possible. it would be embarrassing to go down off a small bit of contact. it essentially means you are weak
We're probably going to have to agree to disagree but I have to say I love your profile picture. Mad respect for everything your club and it's supporters did for Bradley.

We're probably going to have to agree to disagree but I have to say I love your profile picture. Mad respect for everything your club and it's supporters did for Bradley.

wasn't just our club mate, the whole footballing world was incredible towards him. he's an proper legend round our parts now. good to know that people that side of the pond even recognise him!

Not gonna lie, in realtime thought they were gonna call Villa off side on that first goal.

I have no idea, but when I was watching the broadcast after I got home, I felt a little bad for initially thinking he was embellishing.

That dude was screaming like a banshee. Fox needed to kill the mic over there. It was like listening to someone being tortured.
Yeah. Definitley a little classless from Fox for staying on him for so long.

Not gonna lie, in realtime thought they were gonna call Villa off side on that first goal.
I wonder if they held off because they knew VAR was in place? Of course they'll never admit to that, but its possible. Before VAR, the linesman, if unsure, may have just raised the flag as it was close and Villa was 1v1 with Robles. But now, they know if they let it go, VAR can wave off the goal if he was offsides, but can't correct it being blown dead.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Props to Mikey Lopez for seeing that ball out to end the match. I was all kinds of nervous watching that happen, but he handled it like a pro. (Saying this with full awareness that I may not ever say something so nice about his play again)

I was yelling at him to kick it out of bounds, because I did NOT trust him in that moment. Full marks to him for icing the game.

How did you pronounce derby when you wrote it?
LMAO I was actually thinking about writing "DArby" for the hell of it but didn't know if I wanted to deal with that considering the jet lag I have.

I said it in my head with both pronunciations a few times.

Reactions: JayH
Lol, the audi index.

I guess i saw it differently than others. After they scored their second goal, it felt deserved to me. They had all of the ball. Their CBs average positions are at midfield. We outplayed them in NJ, I thought they made the right adjustments and we didn't.
Let us know which stats sources are acceptable for you. I thought you were an opta fan. That's all Audi Index is, anyway.

BTW, whoscored had the teams rated mostly even, with NYC slightly ahead in the final ratings and throughout most of the match (RBNJ ahead only from around 61' to The Goal from Villa.).

well then there is no penalty to give in the first place, so the ref has got it correct. if you dive, by the laws of the game, it isn't a penalty. or am i missing something?
For me, it's not a dive if there's a foul. Refs tend to not call it if the player doesn't go down, which I find infuriating.

Sometimes, players need to sell a very real foul because #refs.

Let us know which stats sources are acceptable for you. I thought you were an opta fan. That's all Audi Index is, anyway.

BTW, whoscored had the teams rated mostly even, with NYC slightly ahead in the final ratings and throughout most of the match (RBNJ ahead only from around 61' to The Goal from Villa.).
I hope you are right. I think, strategically, we've played below my expectations for 5 games in a row now, excepting the force of will vs Chicago that tells us nothing about our game plan.

The audi index is some crazy mashup of numbers that they don't disclose their formula. I'll take anything that makes sense

Also, the longer I rewatch this match, the less I understand Herrera criticism. He was everywhere.

I think some folks don't get how important it is to chew up space. He was all over the field, wreaking havoc.

edited for words
where do you rewatch it, i want to watch it again as well

What did everyone think of the subs? Very little commentary on them.

I thought PV had a good not great gameplan, and I liked the fact that he doubled down on it when we were losing. The strategy was to play the long ball and let them overpress. We weren't winning those balls in the first half, so bringing in Shelton and Okoli to bring them down and hold up play helped to alleviate the constant pressure we were under in the first 30 minutes.

I'm optimistic that this is a breakthru game for our squad's Plan B. Recess the wings, let Maxi high press instead, in a 4-5-1 or 4-4-2 type look. Bring in our big bench options (Okoli, Shelton) if needed.

I thought both of the box "takedowns" were pretty weak and would be pretty upset if they were called against us. And the reffing last night was one of the best of the season IMO. Really the only thing I didn't agree with was Maxi's yellow, which seemed to have come out of frustration.

I thought PV had a good not great gameplan, and I liked the fact that he doubled down on it when we were losing. The strategy was to play the long ball and let them overpress. We weren't winning those balls in the first half, so bringing in Shelton and Okoli to bring them down and hold up play helped to alleviate the constant pressure we were under in the first 30 minutes.

I'm optimistic that this is a breakthru game for our squad's Plan B. Recess the wings, let Maxi high press instead, in a 4-5-1 or 4-4-2 type look. Bring in our big bench options (Okoli, Shelton) if needed.
Okoli looked like a man that had been spoken to about effort.

Two salient facts about the subs was that they included Shelton and did not include TMac. I like that because to show your first touch has not improved you at least have to get to the ball. Hence, Shelton preferable to TMac.

Reactions: sbrylski