#kreisout

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a brand new team that has had to play without 2/3 of their DP's to this point. You have to give it time. Anyone who thought we were going to compete for the cup year 1 is delusional. Being in the hunt for the final playoff spot is about the best case scenario for a year 1 expansion team that has players coming in and out throughout the season, and that is right where we are. I'd say an 11-game winless streak next year could spell doom for Kreis, but this season we need to have patience.

This is a brand new team that has had to play without 2/3 of their DP's to this point. You have to give it time. Anyone who thought we were going to compete for the cup year 1 is delusional. Being in the hunt for the final playoff spot is about the best case scenario for a year 1 expansion team that has players coming in and out throughout the season, and that is right where we are. I'd say an 11-game winless streak next year could spell doom for Kreis, but this season we need to have patience.

I hear you...but I can't believe that if (big if) Pirlo, Villa and Lampard stay healthy...plus the additions of Iraola/Angelino...we don't make the playoffs that CFG will accept that. That leash may be tighter than we think. Gun to my head...he gets another year.

Reactions: Goodfella
Making the playoffs is the goal but it's not the end of the world if we don't make it; we aren't expected to.

I agree with the calls for patience, give the man and his crew all the players we are supposed to have and a full offseason to get us in the right direction. Don't forget, this is a brand new team, new philosophy, new city and new experience for EVERYONE involved. It's not an easy task to make this team good in its first or even second year. The great years will come but expect some lean ones for the foreseeable future. It's just the way it is folks, and the blame isn't solely on Kreis. Firing him still doesn't change the fundamental nature of this team.

I don't think anyone seriously wants Kreis fired. We just want him to stop fucking having Wingert and Grabavoy out there being completely useless and making it seem like we're playing 2 men down.
This. But #kreisout is way catchier than #damnitkreisjustimproveyourpersonneldecisions, so I'm calling for some latitude here.

Some idiot was chanting "Fire Kreis" at RBA in May...

It's Year One. I'm here to echo all the voices saying, give the man a chance. He knows the league, he knows the game, and he's a proven winner. I have faith that (1) City can actually make the playoffs this season; and (2) Year Two will be better than Year One.

I'm also here to echo all the voices saying he makes some silly personnel decisions. But you, dear reader, are never going to agree with everything a coach does. And if you do, there will be someone else on this forum screaming for him to be fired. Firing a coach (in this relegation-less league) means giving up on a season, and I'm not ready to give up on this one just yet.

As a fan of many other American sports, it's very rare to find a coach who completely changes a teams fortune in the middle of the year. Yes there are a few who have done that but not nearly as the many who did worse or the same as the previous coach. That said, and as said before on this thread, changing the coach will also change the players we've grown to admire and praise. I'm personally giving Kreis 1 more year to produce a better product on the field before I start to think about firing him.

I don't want Kreis to go, I just want him to stop making stupid ass lineup decisions. he actually has really good qualities for us as a coach. He plays a very attacking style. in most games (red bulls and 1st toronto game as exceptions) we take it to the opponent and attack attack attack. That is exciting as a fan. He doesn't have the horses to succeed right now in that style, but I would honestly rather see us play games attacking than playing bunker ball and hoping we can score on the two breakaways we get.

If he wasn't up grabavoy's and wingerts asses, and if his post game pressers had a drop of self awareness I think I would like him a lot more. But really, tactically and the way he wants to play is exciting and hopefully will turn into wins when we have the better players

Well said Tom in Fairfield CT Many unfortunate plans of signed players not performing up to par or getting hurt gives Kreis little options to play with. That said, he still has made many questionable substitutions... I'm sure we were all thinking about subbing Poku for Grabavoy against the Revs before Grabavoy decided to go cleats out. Unfortunate decisions that I'm sure will change down the road.

Making the playoffs is the goal but it's not the end of the world if we don't make it; we aren't expected to.

I disagree with that statement. I fully believe that CFG expects NYCFC to make the playoffs and anything less would be a failure.

Reactions: Paul and Gavin23
I don't think anyone seriously wants Kreis fired. We just want him to stop fucking having Wingert and Grabavoy out there being completely useless and making it seem like we're playing 2 men down.
Ok but #kreisout makes you look dumb. I'm sure everyone can be more articulate in their criticism.

Reactions: LeeNYCFC
#kreisout is more sarcastic than anything, like Midas said its just a short way to snark.

Can anyone think of a single time this season when any of our players has:
  • blown by an opponent with speed (other than Shelton who has been out injured for months)
  • fooled an opponent on the dribble (other than Poku or Villa)
  • delivered a smart and well placed cross field pass (besides Poku)
How about a time when we strung together 2 or more quality passes in the final third? (I can only think of 3 times.)

Or played a ball into space behind the defense?

Kreis can't coach speed or ball handling skills. Tactics can only take you so far. I think I'm falling on the side that it's hard to look good without a higher talent level. Poku on the field more wouldn't have done it.

On good teams every player is good for something. Speed. Dribble. Vision. Positioning.

We just have too many players that don't have a single weapon in their arsenal.

Workers. Great team players perhaps. But no threat.

I find it funny when people take the time to go into a thread they don't like and post how they don't like it lol. If your gonna get your panties in a twist by reading negative comments about Kries, maybe stay away from a #KriesOut thread. Go start a #KriesRules thread and you can all go share your thoughts on how great he is. The difference is...IDGAF and I will just ignore it...but I won't post in there crying about how wrong you guys are. :eek:

this thread is...

pjXxdYe.jpg

Reactions: SayWhat44
I disagree with that statement. I fully believe that CFG expects NYCFC to make the playoffs and anything less would be a failure.

I don't see how you can have any expectations whatsoever in an inaugural season. I'm sure CFG would like us to make the playoffs but I doubt they'd see the season as a complete failure if we failed to do so. Every team wants to make the playoffs but it's about realistic expectations.

Status
Not open for further replies.