Lampard To Nycfc

Personally putting the chances at 99.9% all the clear signs are there to know this is just a matter of time. Perhaps Lampard is on holiday at the moment hence why there's no official confirmation. Maybe he will play in Australia briefly which is largely irrelevant other than himself and Villa getting the opportunity to play a few games together. Really the big question now is who will be the third DP?

I really hope its Mix

So I'm guessing that NYCFC is waiting until after the World Cup to make this official.
Definately can't capitalize on England's great World Cup performance though... Heck, it's almost like we are about to build a reputation as World Cup Curse! :eek:

Heard a theory that we may release Lampard to Toronto in exchange for Bradley. 99.9% false speculation, but would be nice.

It's an interesting theory, but I'm not sure that Lampard would be enthusiastic about signing a contract for a team who tells him "look, here's the truth: we only want to sign you in order to trade you to another team". What exactly would be his justification for agreeing to sign the contract in the first place? Why not just go directly to Toronto?

It's an interesting theory, but I'm not sure that Lampard would be enthusiastic about signing a contract for a team who tells him "look, here's the truth: we only want to sign you in order to trade you to another team". What exactly would be his justification for agreeing to sign the contract in the first place? Why not just go directly to Toronto?
Because Toronto's DP slots are all taken. If they wanted Lampard they would need to move one of their DPs (Bradley in this case)

He will announce where he´s going shortly (SKY)..

Let me guess, next week

Because Toronto's DP slots are all taken. If they wanted Lampard they would need to move one of their DPs (Bradley in this case)

Yes OK, but it still doesn't answer the question "why would Lampaed sign for a team who only wanted to trade him?"

He will announce where he´s going shortly (SKY)..

Let me guess, next week

They announced David Villa right before the World Cup. I'd venture to guess they will announce Lampard very shortly after the World Cup. And a 3rd DP at the end of the summer or early fall.

So our good friends at the factory floor podcast are pushing the "Lampard made fun of 9/11 he hates America and the club that might makes us even less relevant is going to sign him" narrative.

Couldn´t care less how they put it at any factory floor podcast.. A player like Lamps will have his own momentum regardless

Why the heck would Toronto want to trade Bradley for Lampard? That's just silly.

Flip it around, would you trade Bradley for Lampard?

heard lampard could be announced as soon as tomorrow. wont be "official" though until tuesday when the transfer window opens

Yeah, on the Melbourne City forum there's a rumour come out of a "major announcement" to be made at 10am Melbourne time on Monday - that's 1am UK time, so I guess 8pm tonight in NYC?

That said, they're also speculating it could be a sponsorship, but you either way the Lampard thing is supposed to be announced "very soon" so there's a fair chance.

Reactions: Buckley
Of all the rumors, this one is my least favorite and yet has the most legs.

You win some, you lose some and sometimes your team signs fat Frank.

Reactions: Paul
So our good friends at the factory floor podcast are pushing the "Lampard made fun of 9/11 he hates America and the club that might makes us even less relevant is going to sign him" narrative.

Seems like they are willing to exploit anything for a cheap shot. If New Yorkers hated Lampard he would have been booed out the building in his last appearance at Yankee Stadium. The fact that he wasn't is good enough vindication for this deal. If its good enough for the inhabitants and regular attendees its good enough for me. The club wouldn't be doing this deal (and nobody should be naive its happening its as obvious as the logo announcement was) if there was likely to be a mass backlash.

Yeah, on the Melbourne City forum there's a rumour come out of a "major announcement" to be made at 10am Melbourne time on Monday - that's 1am UK time, so I guess 8pm tonight in NYC?

That said, they're also speculating it could be a sponsorship, but you either way the Lampard thing is supposed to be announced "very soon" so there's a fair chance.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/footbal...980279630?nk=b51da05d39d225e5c4592beec175a0dd

Br50v9LCEAIR_SP.jpg