Lampard To Nycfc

When you look up Frank Lampard on google they show his current club as NYCFC. This might be a hint as to how official it is also.

I sincerely doubt that the club briefs Google to let them update their player profiles immediately before a transfer. All it proves is that the story is widespread enough that Google has for some reason jumped the gun. It possibly even proves that Google updates those profiles based on an automated feed which can be tricked.

I'm sure it'll happen, and happen fairly soon. But I don't think you can tell whether the deal is done purely from a Google search.

Looks like FIFA removed the mention of Frank Lampard from that article. It was there, though, I read the article earlier this morning. Someone screwed up.
What did it say? I looked this morning and saw nothing. Did it say Claudio kicked him in the shin and screamed at him to "take your fat ass to Qatar, we're signing Xavi!"

That's what I hope it said anyway.

What did it say? I looked this morning and saw nothing. Did it say Claudio kicked him in the shin and screamed at him to "take your fat ass to Qatar, we're signing Xavi!"

Oddly enough that's exactly what it said.

From the article:
>Prior to exiting Brazil 2014 at the first-round stage, Spain’s David Villa had already sorted out the next phases of their impressive careers. The Atletico Madrid attacker committed himself to newly-established New York City FC, set for an MLS debut in March 2015, and will keep in shape by turning out for Australian side Melbourne City (formerly Melbourne Heart) in the meantime

Before it was edited it said "Spain's David Villa and Chelsea's Frank Lampard". All they did was delete the ref to Frank Lampard. They didn't even bother to edit the remainder of the sentence from plural to singular.

Oddly enough that's exactly what it said.

From the article:
>Prior to exiting Brazil 2014 at the first-round stage, Spain’s David Villa had already sorted out the next phases of their impressive careers. The Atletico Madrid attacker committed himself to newly-established New York City FC, set for an MLS debut in March 2015, and will keep in shape by turning out for Australian side Melbourne City (formerly Melbourne Heart) in the meantime

Before it was edited it said "Spain's David Villa and Chelsea's Frank Lampard". All they did was delete the ref to Frank Lampard. They didn't even bother to edit the remainder of the sentence from plural to singular.

Well, regardless of what the article stated, I bet that's what happened.

Finally some actual news, rather than just constant rehashing of old news stories:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28382845

BBC says Lampard will join NYCFC "next week". For those who don't know the BBC's modus operandi, as they are a government-owned media outlet, they have a policy of only announcing stories when they have 100% verified their info and don't work on the basis of having "contacts", which means they are usually the last press group at the party. This is actually the first time that they've commented on the Lampard to NYCFC rumours.

I was just going to post a link to a story in this mornings NY Times, but from the looks of things that would be quite unnecessary.......

That was gold! You crack me up with the fat frank stuff.

I hope that is what happened.

As a new club in a competing market its very important that we head into our first season with familiar names on the roster and ready to compete. If Frank gets us one step closer to doing so then I'll be more than happy to welcome him.

As a new club in a competing market its very important that we head into our first season with familiar names on the roster and ready to compete. If Frank gets us one step closer to doing so then I'll be more than happy to welcome him.
Yeah if anything he'll put butts in the seats

I feel like NYCFC is stalling with Frank to weigh options. They wouldnt had guessed that Xavi would most likely be joining and maybe is trying to waste time