Liverpool V Manchester City

NYCFC_Dan

Registered
Staff member
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 17, 2014
Tampa, Florida
This game will help decide the Premier League winner. If Liverpool wins it they go up 7 points on City who would still be two games behind but would then need to depend on Liverpool dropping points.
City has the easier schedule but more games remaining and 3 games in the last 9 days of action.
Unfortunately I will be missing this one and will be working... Thinking about turning my phone off and threatening co-workers so they don't tell me the score...
Unfortunately I'd have to wait till midnight for NBCSN to show replays...

Reactions: Kinkladze
Liverpool. I have an unavoidable engagement so I'll have to miss it as well, but I think it's Liverpool's W

In this case I want City to win. I love city and they're the first team that I got into with the BPL but with "being Liverpool" I really feel in love with LFC as well. The history is rich and Brendan Rodgers brought a beautiful style of play to that team.
If City doesn't win the title id be more then happy if it was Liverpool.

Reactions: Kinkladze
I'm going with my team at home. Liverpool have an outstanding record at Anfield this season and I think that crowd noise will really push the players to really want this game

Crowd noise should only serve as an important boost to the home side. There's no doubt that for whatever reason that generally is the case. An away side should never be influenced or intimidated by a crowd no matter what. There's limits to ability at many clubs (MCFC not being one of them obviously) but there should never be any excuse for cowardice. Any away side intimidated by a home crowd are cowards.

Which is fine because MCFC players aren't cowards and Liverpool have put so much pressure on themselves. Its not the first time they have come close in the past 24 or so years which some seem to forget. They didn't cross the line then and their CL victory was a freak incident. Though admittedly they have surprised me. Not surprised Arsenal have slipped as I thought they would but certainly didn't expect Liverpool to stay the distance for this long. People need to stop overlooking Chelsea as well as seems to be the case in buildup to this match.

What a mistake from Vincent Kompany. Wouldn't have expected that from him

That might be one of the most stressful games I've ever watched

Suarez should have had a red for diving, and 2-3 PK's should have been given to City, especially the hand ball on Skrtel right at the end.

I saw bits and pieces of the game at work and that was a very blatant hand ball by skrtel at the end.
I'll have the watch the whole replay later. Kind of surprised that Aguero didn't come in earlier (half time).
Also hear Suarez got away with a few yellows himself and that everyone had a good defensive showing except Kompany.

Could have gone either way.. Focus on Liverpool vs Chelsea know :cool:

I saw bits and pieces of the game at work and that was a very blatant hand ball by skrtel at the end.
I'll have the watch the whole replay later. Kind of surprised that Aguero didn't come in earlier (half time).
Also hear Suarez got away with a few yellows himself and that everyone had a good defensive showing except Kompany.
Suarez should have been gone. He took a dive, everyone knew it, even the ref, and no card because it would be a red.

The concept of the red card is so damn broken. It should be a sending off but that team should be allowed to bring someone else in if they have a substitution still available.

That way refs wouldn't be shy about proper enforcement of the rules or if a ref makes a bad call it wouldn't necessarily ruin a game.

Suarez should have been gone. He took a dive, everyone knew it, even the ref, and no card because it would be a red.

The concept of the red card is so damn broken. It should be a sending off but that team should be allowed to bring someone else in if they have a substitution still available.

That way refs wouldn't be shy about proper enforcement of the rules or if a ref makes a bad call it wouldn't necessarily ruin a game.

Especially when it happens in the goal area. When a ref issues a PK + red card, it dooms the team the decision is against to a draw at best, but usually a loss.