New York City Fc And Yes Network Reach Multi-year Agreement

Understood but still BS. They should have figured something out.
It's one game out the year. It suck but it's one game out of the year. Unless it is postpone by the league office and the union agree that would be the only way.

Is MLS live expensive? I don't care about watching random non NYCFC MLS matches so unless it's rather cheap and you could cancel right away getting it for one match doesn't seem like the most practical of ideas.

Is MLS live expensive? I don't care about watching random non NYCFC MLS matches so unless it's rather cheap and you could cancel right away getting it for one match doesn't seem like the most practical of ideas.
Be careful, NYCFC might be blacked out depending where you live.

I think it's $65 or $70 for the year, but as FCRU mentioned there are blackouts when the games are nationally televised.

Not worth it then. I'd only want it if it you could do a month for ten bucks or something. I think 90 or more percent of our games will be on National or live on Yes plus I hope to make it to at least half the home matches.

Not worth it then. I'd only want it if it you could do a month for ten bucks or something. I think 90 or more percent of our games will be on National or live on Yes plus I hope to make it to at least half the home matches.
They do have a $15/month option.

I for one am very happy with Yes Network's presentation and production. I hope it stays this high quality. (get it?)

Right, the quality of the broadcast was excellent. Just excellent quality.

On the other hand, did you guys notice how many times Joy would say the new york city football club when he was talking, he added football club to NYC all the time.

Reactions: SayWhat44
Right, the quality of the broadcast was excellent. Just excellent quality.

On the other hand, did you guys notice how many times Joy would say the new york city football club when he was talking, he added football club to NYC all the time.

I did notice that Joy almost always said football club (I counted a few times when he said FC) and Tolleson almost always said FC. I think it's just down to what feels natural. For an American, constantly saying football club doesn't feel natural because we don't grow up with that terminology, so he shortened it to FC which rolls off the tongue better. For Joy, saying football club is about as natural as saying the word 'and,' so he uses it. It is the name of the club after all.

I did notice that Joy almost always said football club (I counted a few times when he said FC) and Tolleson almost always said FC. I think it's just down to what feels natural. For an American, constantly saying football club doesn't feel natural because we don't grow up with that terminology, so he shortened it to FC which rolls off the tongue better. For Joy, saying football club is about as natural as saying the word 'and,' so he uses it. It is the name of the club after all.
I watched it at a bar without sound so I wasn't able to catch the broadcast.

Another one in favor of the broadcast quality. I think I'm really going to like Tolleson and Joy.

Also, their on-air graphics are solid. Very easy to make this stuff look like shit, but the design team behind it did a quality job.

My thing was why the need to say FC or Football Club? Why can't they just say, NYC or New York, or New York City. We don't hear it for other teams.

I also thought the production quality -- zooms when the ball was on the far side of the field, different camera angles when the ball was on the far side of the field, and refraining from sticking on a player for too long and always showing the action, felt pretty professional and classic.

It sounds natural form him, which is what we want.

I hear him a lot covering Serie A on beIN Sports, and I have to be honest, to me it sounded forced and felt unnatural. I never hear him say AS Roma, or Juventus Football Club, etc. it's always just Roma or Juve/Juventus. Perhaps I'm just letting it bother me more than I should.