Los Angeles Fc

Hopefully they announce more information on the dispersal draft but I don't know if they will.

Reactions: Kjbert
Lots of exciting stuff happening in MLS over the past few months. I feel like we are getting spoiled with all these big changes.

Yeah, that's a solid ownership group there. Mia Hamm, Magic Johnson. Galaxy better buckle up, because LAFC looks to be a solid competitor.

Also interesting is that it seems like LAFC isn't a permanent name but is a placeholder until a fan vote on a name.

It's amazing the whole Magic thing. He knows everybody.

What worries me is too many cooks in the kitchen but Magic is a great owner and spends money.

Can they purchase Cubo and loan him

Yeah, that's a solid ownership group there. Mia Hamm, Magic Johnson. Galaxy better buckle up, because LAFC looks to be a solid competitor.

Also interesting is that it seems like LAFC isn't a permanent name but is a placeholder until a fan vote on a name.
I lost my stream when they started introducing the owners. I'm glad to see Mia Hamm in there. Hopefully her association with LA2 can help USWNT and the women's leagues in general.

Also, good thing about getting Magic on board: if you look at the numbers, MLS is doing very poorly with African-Americans. Magic is nothing is not a tremendous ambassador, and I think there's some good reason that he could be a big part of MLS reaching out to that community which is absolutely essential for the growth of the sport both on and off the field.

I didn't listen to the stream because I'm at work I did watch a little bit... I can tell you watching without sound was pretty useless.

On a side note it looks like a very solid ownership group and will certainly be good for the MLS. It also seems as if they already have more owners then Chivas USA had fans so things are already looking up in LA.

So awesome. Love this and love the name and love that Hamm is killing it right now. On the board for Roma, and now an owner.

So awesome. Love this and love the name and love that Hamm is killing it right now. On the board for Roma, and now an owner.

LAFC is said to me a "working name" they're going to let the fans pick the name, color, logo etc.

Lame. This trend of letting fans select stuff is bad business. Brands shouldn't be designed by committee. They should hire professionals to put together this stuff.

I couldn't agree anymore, and names and pictures on stuff is tacky minor league baseball kind of stuff. Hopefully with the new TV revenue and these franchise fees they can hire some better marketing people.

Reactions: Kjbert and Drainyoo
Lame. This trend of letting fans select stuff is bad business. Brands shouldn't be designed by committee. They should hire professionals to put together this stuff.

They'll probably do what NYCFC did with the logo: give the fans some options, and let them vote. All of the options will have been screened and dissected by the corporate team and whittled down to 3 choices all of which are very similar.

There are other ways of keeping fans busy. I was peeved that NYCFC decided to let the fans pick the final logo. We could have easily been stuck with that horrible shield design.

I guess I'm more sensitive to this because it's what I do. Putting this decision into the hands of people that aren't experienced in design/branding just undermines the entire profession.

Sorry, rant over. Great news for MLS here.

Reactions: Paul
What do you mean? NYCFC put up a bad option on purpose to get fans to pick the one they wanted? I can buy that.