Matt Dunn And Akira Fitzgerald On Waivers

I don't think there was anyway they would have cut Johansen. Younger than Fitzgerald for one, and two, he is only here because of CFG. That is not to say he is not a talent because I really liked what I saw but I don't see anyway NYCFC would waive Johansen
Meara won't be back next season we can get rid of that test dummy for the medical staff. Johanson is enormous and I think he can turn into a player but will almost certainly be our backup next season.

Reactions: Kjbert
Meara won't be back next season we can get rid of that test dummy for the medical staff. Johanson is enormous and I think he can turn into a player but will almost certainly be our backup next season.

Hopefully whatever keeper we bring in to replace Meara will be good enough to compete with Saunders for the starting role, and keep Johanson as the #3.

Reactions: doctorhoosier
But can I just add that we should have FUCKING TAKEN MARKY DELGADO!!!!! He was a starter for the U-20's in the World Cup and wasn't that great but a national team starter... and oh yeah he was a homegrown so he could have been loaned out and had ZERO FUCKING COUNT AGAINST THE CAP!!!!! FUCKING IDIOTS!!!! FUCK!
I agree with this so much from a logic perspective. But could please stop reminding me we were a Delgado and a Tab away from winning the U20 world cup?

This leaves us at 27 players on our roster. 2 on the disabled list so that's 25. Pirlo Angelino and Iraola.
That makes 28. So leaves us with possibility to sign an additional 2 players with this current roster.
MagnusPax let me know if I missed something.

This leaves us at 27 players on our roster. 2 on the disabled list so that's 25. Pirlo Angelino and Iraola.
That makes 28. So leaves us with possibility to sign an additional 2 players with this current roster.
MagnusPax let me know if I missed something.

New roster rules only allow a 28 man roster so by your calculations we would have no space. I have the count at 29 right now and that includes Iraola, Angelino, Pirlo and Lampard. If we count Taylor and John on the IR we have 27 out of 28 spots filled

Reactions: MagnusPax
New roster rules only allow a 28 man roster so by your calculations we would have no space. I have the count at 29 right now and that includes Iraola, Angelino, Pirlo and Lampard. If we count Taylor and John on the IR we have 27 out of 28 spots filled
... Mls didn't update those rules eh their own site said 30.
How did you come up with 29?
NYCFC roster page already has Lampard so I counted him.
http://www.nycfc.com/players

Either way this makes me sad.

Reactions: FootyLovin
Sorry to see Matt go. Great guy and I hope he catches on.

I don't understand the scouting by Kreis. He seems awful at this. He drafts Dunn #2 overall. What a waste.

Then he gets McNamara, who works out here, but was available at 2. Nigel Reo-Coker was available.

And the guy I wanted, Marky Delgado, was available. Yes, he was poor in the U-20s, but I thought Kreis wanted to develop USMNT players? There's one who is already in the program. Keep him around, he's cheap. He's homegrown anyway. You can loan him out. Makes NO sense.

But can I just add that we should have FUCKING TAKEN MARKY DELGADO!!!!! He was a starter for the U-20's in the World Cup and wasn't that great but a national team starter... and oh yeah he was a homegrown so he could have been loaned out and had ZERO FUCKING COUNT AGAINST THE CAP!!!!! FUCKING IDIOTS!!!! FUCK!
Now may not be the best time to mention this, but Delgado started tonight at CM and completed 36 of 38 passes.

Also, in "Midas facepalms over NYC Personnel Decisions", Lletget has scored and earned a penalty in 16 minutes. He has 3 goals now. Dammmmmmmmittttttt.

could be totally wrong but don't only the first 20 roster slots count towards the salary cap?

Out of the current team who would be in slots 21-28?

Reactions: 413Blue