Matthew Dunn

Keep in consideration that there is a chance not everyone on our roster right now will be starting come opening day. A lot of people left to sign and jobs to be won.
I'd wager only 3 are opening day starters. Date signed and PT are unlikely to be correlated. Best to get squad depth when it's available and priced low. Kreis knows how to build an MLS roster.

The club hiring him was likely the best move they will ever make.

Jeb Brovsky has barely played on loan at Strømsgodset so it does not look like he will be a starter. Their squad and league is not that strong compared to MLS. I do not believe that Saunders, Dunn, Brovsky or Siriboe were drafted to be starters. Jacobson has shown out during his loan spell.

It's just brilliant how a thread about a 20-year old nobody focused on before 4;30pm today turns into a discussion over where he plays among teammates who aren't on the team yet, in a formation that hasn't been revealed, and then an extended argument over Frank Lampard.
Seriously. It's ridiculous but here I am reading it. Brilliant.
This is what we do. Try being an SEC football fan. We argue about high school sophomores and our coaches being too late in their recruiting efforts. This is only FOUR MONTHS away. You've almost certainly had dry spells longer. How do I know? You're on a message board for a club who doesn't have a scheduled match yet, or a squad. And yes, I'm here, too.

Hey hey hey we have a scheduled match. It's in February and I'll be there!
But in all honesty Kreis and company saw something in this kid. Lamps isnt going to be around more than a couple years (if that) and we can't just sign old experienced guys because we'll be at square 1 in a few years again.
In the coming months we'll see this team come together and every signing will be scrutinized and every decision viewed under a microscope.
Welcome to having your own team.

Something that I wanted to see was salary:
Dunn was on $48,500.04.
Delgado on $70K
AJB on $80K
NRC on $400K
McNamara was also on $48K.

If a player was chosen on the Dispersal draft they keep their current contact. Otherwise they can renegotiate the contract. I can see AJB getting an offer for less than that, also NRC.

Last edited:
I don't think we'll run a diamond. And I don't really know. I think Lamps is a swell dude that I'd like to drink with, but I am curious to see how he can fit in. I guess we could run a 4-3-3 false 9 (433(5) for you futheads). Otherwise, we need to run the always effective 4-1-1-1-3, because he needs folks in front and behind.

He probably will end up the 8 in a 4-2-3-1 sort of attack.

I wouldn't throw out the diamond or the 4-4-2 too early. The 4-4-2 is what Man City runs, and I doubt the months Kreis spent in Manchester were just to have a cup of tea and a laugh. I don't know that the mothership will require Kreis to play a given way, but I'd bet you'll see at least some 4-4-2 this upcoming year.

Reactions: Kjbert
Jeb Brovsky has barely played on loan at Strømsgodset so it does not look like he will be a starter. Their squad and league is not that strong compared to MLS. I do not believe that Saunders, Dunn, Brovsky or Siriboe were drafted to be starters. Jacobson has shown out during his loan spell.
I wouldn't be surprised if Saunders starts. He did pretty well for San Antonio on loan.

Something that I wanted to see was salary:
Dunn was on $48,500.04.
Delgado on $70K
AJB on $80K
NRC on $400K
McNamara was also on $48K.

If a player was chosen on the Dispersal draft they keep their current contact. Otherwise they can renegotiate the contract. I can AJB getting an offer for less than that, also NRC.

I saw that too, and then I liked the pick even more.

I wouldn't throw out the diamond or the 4-4-2 too early. The 4-4-2 is what Man City runs, and I doubt the months Kreis spent in Manchester were just to have a cup of tea and a laugh. I don't know that the mothership will require Kreis to play a given way, but I'd bet you'll see at least some 4-4-2 this upcoming year.
Who threw it out? I said I didn't know, but I didn't expect it. In any event, pretty sure Kreis wouldn't have left RSL for a job where someone was going to tell him what formation to run. He's a better manager than that. Stylistically consistent and the precise formation aren't the same thing. We don't even have 11 players yet, so I don't know how we can do anything more than play guessing games, which is why this is so much fun. I think with what we have now personnel wise, we're more likely to play a flat 442 or 4231 or 433. I'm sure I'll change my mind with the next signing.

I don't think we'll run a diamond. And I don't really know. I think Lamps is a swell dude that I'd like to drink with, but I am curious to see how he can fit in. I guess we could run a 4-3-3 false 9 (433(5) for you futheads). Otherwise, we need to run the always effective 4-1-1-1-3, because he needs folks in front and behind.

He probably will end up the 8 in a 4-2-3-1 sort of attack.
That deserves a like just because of the reference to fathead.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
I don't see anything about him being born in NJ.

One of the articles I posted talks about another Chivas signing from the same time being from NJ so I'm guessing that's where the confusion came in. Dunn is from Nashville and Texas.

Whether he was or not is irrelevant in my option. He grew up in the south, he's not from these parts, even if he was born in NJ. Doesn't matter really, as long as the dude can play. He can be from Mars for all I care.
Of course it does not matter. I was just looking to see where he was from out of curiosity since I have friends and family who have played/coached in NJ and wondered if any of them happened to know of him.

He reps Nashville in everything I've seen. Never mentions NJ. It's kinda like "Shaq is from New Jersey." No he's not.
What? Shaq does more community work in Newark than anybody and is a huge Devils fan. Dunn moved to Nashville at a very young age so he probably doesn't even remember being in NJ.