CM - Jacobson
CM - Matt Dunn
RM - Frank Lampard
LB - Brovsky
CB - Siriboe
CB - TBD
RB - TBD
GK - Josh Saunders

Not trying to be "that guy" but Lampard is not a right midfielder by any means. Home boy is best used in the middle in a box to box role with freedom in the attacking third.

What type of MF is he?

Chivas played Dunn as a CM in boththeir 4-4-2 and 4-1-2-1-2

How about 4-4-2

LS - Villa
RS - DP #3
LM - TBD
CM - Jacobson
CM - Matt Dunn
RM - Frank Lampard
LB - Brovsky
CB - Siriboe
CB - TBD
RB - TBD
GK - Josh Saunders

I don't like Lampard on the edge. And Dunn is not a definite starter, I don't think, so he might just backup Lampard and learn from him the first year. So slide Lampard back to CM and Dunn to the bench.

If Dunn does crack the starting lineup, maybe they could do a narrow 4-3-3 with Villa at LW, a #10 DP3 as a false 9 playmaker, Lampard and Dunn as LCM/RCM, and Jacobson as CDM. They could task the LB/RB with playing high to support possession out wide. Just spitballin'.

Like this:
Code:
--Villa------------?????--
-----------10DP-----------
--------------------------
----Lampard-----Dunn------
---------Jacobson---------
-Brovsky-----------?????--
----W.Siriboe--?????------
----------??????----------

Last edited:
Not trying to be "that guy" but Lampard is not a right midfielder by any means. Home boy is best used in the middle in a box to box role with freedom in the attacking third.
Pointless, bro. People have slotted him in everywhere. Go see my rants about how fucking stupid people are being. The guy is a central midfielder with a propensity to attack and a good shot from distance. Someone tricked some of the rubes around here into thinking he is someone you build an attack around.

It's just not true. He's not a creator or goal scorer. He's a mf guy who sometimes scores goals. With the way he plays, the standard deviation of expected goals is fucking all of them.

Reactions: MagnusPax
Pointless, bro. People have slotted him in everywhere. Go see my rants about how fucking stupid people are being. The guy is a central midfielder with a propensity to attack and a good shot from distance. Someone tricked some of the rubes around here into thinking he is someone you build an attack around.

It's just not true. He's not a creator or goal scorer. He's a mf guy who sometimes scores goals. With the way he plays, the standard deviation of expected goals is fucking all of them.

Have you thrown out a formation proposal? Obviously it's super early to talk about it, but it's fun. And I'm curious to see exactly how you'd slot Lampard on the field in Kries' system with a clean slate.

Have you thrown out a formation proposal? Obviously it's super early to talk about it, but it's fun. And I'm curious to see exactly how you'd slot Lampard on the field in Kries' system with a clean slate.
I don't think we'll run a diamond. And I don't really know. I think Lamps is a swell dude that I'd like to drink with, but I am curious to see how he can fit in. I guess we could run a 4-3-3 false 9 (433(5) for you futheads). Otherwise, we need to run the always effective 4-1-1-1-3, because he needs folks in front and behind.

He probably will end up the 8 in a 4-2-3-1 sort of attack.

Reactions: Across the Pond
No matter what he usually is, he will be one of the best players on the field in mls which means he will be involved in the attack.

Midas Mulligan Midas Mulligan yes. You are right and the powers that be at MCFC, namely Manuel Peligrini, don't know what they have been doing using him on the right side of a diamond. But you know better
Still think he's in the middle for us. Wanna make a little wager kemosabe?

Midas Mulligan Midas Mulligan yes. You are right and the powers that be at MCFC, namely Manuel Peligrini, don't know what they have been doing using him on the right side of a diamond. But you know better
Don't a lot of folks want to get rid of him due to European failures? Of course, I'd win CL every year even I managed Ipswich. I know because I tried it on Football Manager.

How about 4-4-2

LS - Villa
RS - DP #3
LM - TBD
CM - Jacobson
CM - Matt Dunn
RM - Frank Lampard
LB - Brovsky
CB - Siriboe
CB - TBD
RB - TBD
GK - Josh Saunders

I do like your idea of a 4-4-2 though. At least for the 1st season you know? It is easier to play that formation for a new team. I hope I didn't offend ya with the Lamps comment. I just think he is best in the middle from when Ive seen him play. And I prefer speedy wingers.

Sure. What is the bet and what's the wager?
We need to set terms. What are they? And what if he is listed at RM, but plays RCM?

How about this, if he's here at the beginning of the season and we're playing well, we'll get wasted and split the tab. If he's not, we'll split the tab on a bucket of shit, delivered by courier to NYCFC front office.

I'm in for anything that involves alcohol. So just make up a bet

Keep in consideration that there is a chance not everyone on our roster right now will be starting come opening day. A lot of people left to sign and jobs to be won.

Reactions: Kjbert
David Villa is now following him on twitter. This kid's life changed today. Welcome Matthew. Let's make history.
They both like country music. Who knew?

FO at work. Making villa feel comfy, even though he apparently speaks no Anglais.

Reactions: Kjbert
It's just brilliant how a thread about a 20-year old nobody focused on before 4;30pm today turns into a discussion over where he plays among teammates who aren't on the team yet, in a formation that hasn't been revealed, and then an extended argument over Frank Lampard.
Seriously. It's ridiculous but here I am reading it. Brilliant.