Maxime Chanot [Defender]

Man, this season of survivor is gonna be intense, what with a lot of not-so-liked players and chanot being probably the best candidate for "longest lasting player who isn't even here anymore" LOL
Chanot wins it. 1-5000 odds.

• Haha
Reactions: Shwafta
Is this where Cush tries to gaslight us that Chanot is the problem?

Seems plausible that he was told to expect a lot less game time, maybe to not be the starter going forward, and he didn’t accept that. But who knows, really.

Reactions: Gene
Seems plausible that he was told to expect a lot less game time, maybe to not be the starter going forward, and he didn’t accept that. But who knows, really.

plausible, but also doesn't make sense. chanot has been a rock this season. what good reason is there to bench him? so we can integrate our new signing in the final 10 games of the season?

we can only speculate i guess. but the tone of that tweet, to me, seems like it wasn't chanot's first choice to leave.

TBH that was my first knee jerk reaction, too. Given the direction the team has been going I wouldn't be surprised if Chanot felt he was going to be released in the off season. I have the feeling he would have been let go.

That's exactly the reason.
With Martin, Cufre, Risa and Iliec where does a 34 y.o. Chanot fit in?

in the last 10 games of the season? Gray playing over chanot in a 3 back system? come on now. chanot has had arguably his best season to date. there's no reason to bench him and see if we can build some chemistry between martins and Risa during the final stretch of the season. that's something you start next year.

it's definitely plausible chanot was told of next year's plans and he didn't accept it and took this opportunity now. but i don't understand wanting to bench him in this season if that is what happened. again, we won't know but to me, it doesn't make sense.

in the last 10 games of the season? Gray playing over chanot in a 3 back system? come on now. chanot has had arguably his best season to date. there's no reason to bench him and see if we can build some chemistry between martins and Risa during the final stretch of the season. that's something you start next year.

it's definitely plausible chanot was told of next year's plans and he didn't accept it and took this opportunity now. but i don't understand wanting to bench him in this season if that is what happened. again, we won't know but to me, it doesn't make sense.

Even Chanot's unwillingness to accept a lesser role doesn't add up based on past seasons. We heard no rumblings of issues when the team brought in Martins 2 years ago and it was clear that Martins and Callens would be the starters. I even recall some quotes from the club saying Chanot knew he was getting older and rotation was needed as he couldn't be ready to go every match.

If Chanot was okay with it 2 years ago why would it be a relationship-severing issue at this point? Chanot has been with the team for 7 years and by all accounts has been a leader in the locker room with solid relationships with coaches and teammates. Nick has been head coach for less than 2 seasons and the team has had more abrupt player departures in those two years than all the other seasons combined. I have not really been on the crushing out train up until this point but if he can't manage the relationship with a player as professional as Chanot he needs to be gone.

Reactions: moogoo
Even Chanot's unwillingness to accept a lesser role doesn't add up based on past seasons. We heard no rumblings of issues when the team brought in Martins 2 years ago and it was clear that Martins and Callens would be the starters. I even recall some quotes from the club saying Chanot knew he was getting older and rotation was needed as he couldn't be ready to go every match.

If Chanot was okay with it 2 years ago why would it be a relationship-severing issue at this point? Chanot has been with the team for 7 years and by all accounts has been a leader in the locker room with solid relationships with coaches and teammates. Nick has been head coach for less than 2 seasons and the team has had more abrupt player departures in those two years than all the other seasons combined. I have not really been on the crushing out train up until this point but if he can't manage the relationship with a player as professional as Chanot he needs to be gone.
Perhaps Chanot was upset with the playing time loss two years ago and made the decision to stick around and was the poorer for it. Now that he’s older and the same decision came his way, he looked into other options. A part of me thinks he did see the writing on the wall that he wasn’t going to be a part of the club’s plan going forward past this winter and wanted to keep playing. Leaving now in European pre-season makes the most sense. I would go so far to say the club may have asked him to start coaching in the academy next year and flat out told him that they wouldn’t resign him. Im giving him credit for finding a situation to keep playing if that’s what he wants to do.

Reactions: FootyLovin and Gene