Mid-season Inter-cfg Friendly

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this might seem incredible to some of you guys, but I really believe the CFG guys know what they're doing. They knew there would be a shitstorm over Frank but made the tough call to keep him in Manchester. I don't think it was a call they made lightly.

Lots of MCFC fans would attend and make trips to see the team.
Personally I think it's stupid. Why bother attending? Why boo? Because they have Lampard? I'm sorry but very few realize that's the fault of our club. Not theirs. Any team in that position would want to extend the contract when they needed the player and he was in form. If you want to believe we're not a 'feeder' then remove the notion that we fed them Lampard and realize we never even signed him at the time. Take that up with NYCFC.
I think NYCFC has done a lot since then to win back the supporters trust.
We're in preseason, training and there's tons to talk about besides how MCFC wronged us. I'm assuming that's your gripe.
I'm sure the club has learned a lot about transparency after this debacle. If you want to keep lying to yourself then sure go ahead and boo at a game you don't believe your team should be playing and you don't even want to be at. I'm sure it all makes sense in some parallel universe.
Now I'll remove myself from yet another Lampard/mcfc hardon thread and actually grow my passion for the team and learn as much as I can about the players in the preseason discussion.

Personally I think it's stupid. Why bother attending? Why boo? Because they have Lampard? I'm sorry but very few realize that's the fault of our club. Not theirs. Any team in that position would want to extend the contract when they needed the player and he was in form. If you want to believe we're not a 'feeder' then remove the notion that we fed them Lampard and realize we never even signed him at the time. Take that up with NYCFC.
We're in preseason, training and there's tons to talk about besides how MCFC wronged us. I'm assuming that's your gripe.
I'm sure the club has learned a lot about transparency after this debacle. If you want to keep lying to yourself then sure go ahead and boo at a game you don't believe your team should be playing and you don't even want to be at. I'm sure it all makes sense in some parallel universe.
Now I'll remove myself from yet another Lampard/mcfc hardon thread and actually grow my passion for the team and learn as much as I can about the players in the preseason discussion.
Thank you for this - I think you're totally right! I'm planning on taking my friends and family to many of the games and feel it would be silly for me to explain why people are booing and whatnot. This is soccer and not WWE - maybe I'm just new to this and just don't get it

Shit I'm looking forward to see some great players play. Fk all that other noise, Dan said it best "I've moved on". I chose to stay and help grow the culture. I can't go back on that now. It's like that friend who threw up on your couch at the party, now he owes you one.

Reactions: Kjbert
I'd boo MCFC because they're an opponent, just like I'd boo the Revs, Red Bulls, Fire, et. al.

I'd boo a little harder because they come across as entitled to better treatment. Earn it.

I'm booing Frank, no matter who he plays for. I'm for my team. NYC is my team. That a player and another did what was best for them is their right apparently. That an ownership group would lie and a player be complicit in it is more than I'll ever forget. They intentionally harmed our team. You step on my boots, don't be surprised when you get the heel.

No need for murderous tifos. Some witty digs will be just fine for me. And Lampard, if he is able to play a match, being jeered mercilessly by NYC fans would be worth it. Hell, I'd buy extra tickets on top of my STs just for that.

What drives me crazy is that I'd like to just say that CFG made some mistakes but they know what they're doing and they will learn from that experience and move on, but every time they've done some good things and I'm just about ready to say that, they go and do something completely tone deaf. When I first started following the team I had some reservations, but they made a lot of great moves that really won me over. Lots of people said they would give us a unique identity and clearly they know how fans feel on the matter. Then they went and released the carbon copy home kit and I felt betrayed and in awe of their seeming disregard for fan opinion. But then they went and talked to the fans and released the away kit early which didn't quite excuse then in my eyes, but it was better. Then lots of people were saying that Frank might get extended until March, but no way would they take our marquee player away for half of our opening season, but they did. Again they apologized and made some great signings, which doesn't excuse them but it's better. Now there wasn't anyone saying that they wouldn't have a friendly this season because it's so tasteless that no one even considered the possibility that they would play a game that makes the awkwardness of the Lampard situation so public months after the shit hit the fan. Yet here we are.

I'm starting to wonder if CFG is just trolling us for fun. One things for sure, they couldn't have picked a better way to make sure the Lampard fiasco was fresh in everyone's minds when he actually starts playing here.

MCFC are traitorous whores despite the fact they are sharing their funding to support your team (the CFG created this club yet half the fans have turned on them already!), and if they didn't then nycfc would even exist, all because they took Lampard for a bit longer than agreed. K den.

I hope inter-CFG clubs eventually get on, and we can work together and provide a more powerful force together.

Oh, and I doubt Lampard will play at all.
For Manchester? Or NYCFC?

Or maybe he'll come out wearing a NYCFC jersey and then Pellegrini will come over and say, "No, play with us."

That is, of course, assuming MP is still there because Manchester are on course to win nothing. The big club that wasn't.

I feel horrible for Dan, who truly loves both teams and hates to see this division emphasized. However, this couldn't be a more perfect opportunity to stick it to all responsible parties. Garber/MLS would be embarrassed, MCFC and their fans, whose predominant opinion has been Fuck the Yanks, and CFG.

I will pay TR or whatever supporters group extra to get a tifo of frank making out with pellegrino while lady liberty looks on crying. Make it happen!

Maybe they'll have a pre-recorded message from Frank wishing both teams good luck! Lol

"Sorry guys that I couldn't be there. It was really hard work playing for some other team than the team my billboards tell you to buy season tickets for! And don't forget to buy a copy of my book, 'Frankie's magical New York adventures' along with every other lie the organization will feed you."

Last edited:
Also it was said this would be after the MCFC season concludes. Frank wouldn't even be there. As mentioned earlier due to scheduling conflicts I don't see this happen in May. Following month maybe but not in May.Plus this was just reported. Not confirmed.

It's amazing how self-righteous people get when shilling for CFG/NYCFC.
I didn't bring this up. But I can't let nonsense go unchallenged. The idea that they have learned their lessons and made it up to us is preposterous.
The first sign that you learned a lesson after wronging someone is to have the courage to admit it and apologize.
MCFC apologized, sort of, via the press. NYCFC never did. NYFC never even made a public acknowledgment that they lied. NYCFC never said hey fans, we're sorry.
One does not make up for a lack of integrity or honesty by signing Mix Diskerud.
You do not compensate for fraud with a good draft.
To make up for a wrong, you have to do something above the baseline of just doing your job, and that's all this team has done. They have not done one thing they would not have done anyway if the Lampard fraud went undetected.
They're doing their jobs well, and I credit them for that. but it's hardly recompense for a blatant lie.
Evidence that they learned about transparency is non-existent.
They are tweeting photos and 30 second videos of training camp. That's standard marketing and promotion, not transparency.
I'm still giving them a year to win my trust, but evidence that they've started is non-existent. If anyone has actual evidence of them doing something besides building the team they were building anyway, please point it out.

It is what it is. I don't think endless criticism does anybody any good. This is what we have for better or worse. Mostly better. It's hard for me to really complain at this point. The Lampard thing was shocking at first but I'm over it. Let's look forward, all parties will learn from the things that have happened. We haven't even kicked off yet!

We have an almost full squad, training has begun, a full season's schedule to look forward to and our first game in just over a month and a half. Ticket packages, away kits and all the other cool stuff will be coming in February so that'll be fun. Relax and enjoy it.

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
It is what it is. I don't think endless criticism does anybody any good. This is what we have for better or worse. Mostly better. It's hard for me to really complain at this point. The Lampard thing was shocking at first but I'm over it. Let's look forward, all parties will learn from the things that have happened. We haven't even kicked off yet!

We have an almost full squad, training has begun, a full season's schedule to look forward to and our first game in just over a month and a half. Ticket packages, away kits and all the other cool stuff will be coming in February so that'll be fun. Relax and enjoy it.
Horrible thinking.

If you let it slide, it will just keep happening...

Horrible thinking.

If you let it slide, it will just keep happening...

We've all had plenty of time to complain about it. I let the team know how I feel and have now moved on. Would you prefer to complain on a forum and social media for the rest of eternity instead? What's done is done, get over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.