Mid-season Inter-cfg Friendly

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've all had plenty of time to complain about it. I let the team know how I feel and have now moved on. Would you prefer to complain on a forum and social media for the rest of eternity instead? What's done is done, get over it.
I am over it. I sincerely hope he stays there or retires or whatever.

But that doesn't mean I won't be vigilant about it not happening again.

MCFC apologized, sort of, via the press.
NYCFC is not getting off the hook, but MCFC NEVER apologized. Man City and Mangul Pellegrini deserve to be booed and cused at every second the are on U.S. Soil. We get he was trying his time better but him getting in Lampard's ear tell him he should extend his stay trigger the chain of events that lead us to where we are. Before our first year our name has been tarnished but this. No we get to boo and cus our heads off if we chose and if they come, they need to shut up and take it. They can't get their way and not hear want we think of it and them. They want to do business in New York, then when you piss off New York fans and not apologize you have to face the music.

I am over it. I sincerely hope he stays there or retires or whatever.

But that doesn't mean I won't be vigilant about it not happening again.

I don't want it to happen again either but the backlash has been very prevalent. We're just beating a dead horse at this point. There's plenty more to get excited and talk about.

I don't want it to happen again either but the backlash has been very prevalent. We're just beating a dead horse at this point. There's plenty more to get excited and talk about.
They said the backlash was less than they expected.

NYCFC is not getting off the hook, but MCFC NEVER apologized. Man City and Mangul Pellegrini deserve to be booed and cused at every second the are on U.S. Soil. We get he was trying his time better but him getting in Lampard's ear tell him he should extend his stay trigger the chain of events that lead us to where we are. Before our first year our name has been tarnished but this. No we get to boo and cus our heads off if we chose and if they come, they need to shut up and take it. They can't get their way and not hear want we think of it and them. They want to do business in New York, then when you piss off New York fans and not apologize you have to face the music.
Franchise646, you disgust me. Will you stop thinking about your own club and start thinking about someone else's club for a few months?

Geez,I mean, really, you selfish NYCFC fans wanting the players that we've told you you signed. How do you expect the $500 million dollar MCFC team to survive for a few months without Frank on our bench? Its only a few months! Christ, you babies throwing your toys out of the pram!

-An MCFC fan.

Franchise646, you disgust me. Will you stop thinking about your own club and start thinking about someone else's club for a few months?

Geez,I mean, really, you selfish NYCFC fans wanting the players that we've told you you signed. How do you expect the $500 million dollar MCFC team to survive for a few months without Frank on our bench? Its only a few months! Christ, you babies throwing your toys out of the pram!

-An MCFC fan.
add in the "you couldn't exist without us" line and its perfect.

The problem is, just as I said in my other post the talk about Frank was dying down. Yeah the jokes were still coming up, and yes people were still bitter, but for the most part the vitriol had gone out of the situation. We were moving on and thinking about other things. Even on r/MLS whenever a Cosmos or Red Bulls fan made a Lampard joke they were getting told to move on.

Then CFG had to go stir the pot again. It's basic common sense that if you schedule a game between the two sides that had a player dispute, then people are going to be reminded of that dispute. What makes it worse is that this isn't just a decision being made a month after the Lampard extension that will remind people of it. This is a decision that will ensure that people will be reminded of the Lampard fiasco in the middle of our season when it could potentially damage team morale. It ensures that when Frank comes over the fans, the opposition's fans, and his teammates will all have been freshly reminded that he chose to make them wait so he could play in Manchester.

I understand that CFG wants us to be a family and they probably want these exhibition games to be a yearly event (make a little extra money to put on the MCFC books and what not) but apparently they lack the sense to see that doing so this year will simply reignite the resentment and bad press that could conceivably have been mostly forgotten by May/June.

Many have already expressed how I feel about this, but I do want to point out how this friendly just shows how out of touch CFG is with the NYC fan base. How can they think this is a good idea after Lampardgate? Either they think it wasn't a big deal or that we've all forgiven them after signing Mix. Either way they're wrong.

I realise that this is going to come as a something of an unwanted present for some of you, but it's a news story and it was going to come out eventually, so I guess it might as well come out now.

The Telegraph over here in the UK are reporting that MCFC are planning a May friendly stateside against NYCFC - this would be right after the end of the PL season and their last act before going on their summer off-season.

From this article: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...once-Premier-League-campaign-is-finished.html
Honestly hoping resale value is good on these tickets. I'll definitely buy, but in hopes to resell.

I'm not sure my body can handle the amount of booing that I'd be involved with if City came to Yankee Stadium. So much.

Lots of MCFC fans would attend and make trips to see the team.
Personally I think it's stupid. Why bother attending? Why boo? Because they have Lampard? I'm sorry but very few realize that's the fault of our club. Not theirs. Any team in that position would want to extend the contract when they needed the player and he was in form. If you want to believe we're not a 'feeder' then remove the notion that we fed them Lampard and realize we never even signed him at the time. Take that up with NYCFC.
I think NYCFC has done a lot since then to win back the supporters trust.
We're in preseason, training and there's tons to talk about besides how MCFC wronged us. I'm assuming that's your gripe.
I'm sure the club has learned a lot about transparency after this debacle. If you want to keep lying to yourself then sure go ahead and boo at a game you don't believe your team should be playing and you don't even want to be at. I'm sure it all makes sense in some parallel universe.
Now I'll remove myself from yet another Lampard/mcfc hardon thread and actually grow my passion for the team and learn as much as I can about the players in the preseason discussion.
I'm not sure that I agree that they've done enough to heal the wound. In fact, I don't know that they've done anything.
It's amazing how self-righteous people get when shilling for CFG/NYCFC.
I didn't bring this up. But I can't let nonsense go unchallenged. The idea that they have learned their lessons and made it up to us is preposterous.
The first sign that you learned a lesson after wronging someone is to have the courage to admit it and apologize.
MCFC apologized, sort of, via the press. NYCFC never did. NYFC never even made a public acknowledgment that they lied. NYCFC never said hey fans, we're sorry.
One does not make up for a lack of integrity or honesty by signing Mix Diskerud.
You do not compensate for fraud with a good draft.
To make up for a wrong, you have to do something above the baseline of just doing your job, and that's all this team has done. They have not done one thing they would not have done anyway if the Lampard fraud went undetected.
They're doing their jobs well, and I credit them for that. but it's hardly recompense for a blatant lie.
Evidence that they learned about transparency is non-existent.
They are tweeting photos and 30 second videos of training camp. That's standard marketing and promotion, not transparency.
I'm still giving them a year to win my trust, but evidence that they've started is non-existent. If anyone has actual evidence of them doing something besides building the team they were building anyway, please point it out.
If there were a function to like this post several times, I would do it. Spot on.

I'd boo MCFC because they're an opponent, just like I'd boo the Revs, Red Bulls, Fire, et. al.

I'd boo a little harder because they come across as entitled to better treatment. Earn it.
As Champions of England I believe they have.

left this thread for a few hours...

troy-barnes.gif

I just don't see how getting up in arms over a Telegraph article helps anything. Nothing has been announced yet. Until then we're just running in circles here.

A few things:

This was always going to happen. If the extent of MCFC's brand expansion is a kit that resembles theirs and semi-annual friendly, that's a small price to pay for them dumping absurd amounts of money on DPs.

With Man City post season, you have a better chance of seeing players like Aguero, Silva, Yaya Toure, Wilfred Bony, etc. That's a cool experience regardless, especially when the rest of MLS is scheduling big friendlies for the likes of Aston Villa.

The above does not require NYCFC to be oh so grateful for MCFC's generosity to play nice. TR should don all black and let them have hell. Keep in mind though that there are a number of people who are fans of both clubs who think MCFC mishandled (to put it nicely) the Lampard situation, so try to keep the chanting respectful of them and more directed at the BS from Pellegrini and Lamps. But otherwise, I think a strong statement by TR of independence from the CFG project will go a long way in legitimizing NYCFC support in the eyes of non-NYCFC fans, including some who are hesistant to support the club lest they root for Man City USA.

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
I just don't see how getting up in arms over a Telegraph article helps anything. Nothing has been announced yet. Until then we're just running in circles here.

Well, our other options are:

New NYCFC training video from Jacksonsville! Look at this awesome thing someone did! Hey there's a new photo/Vine of another new awesome thing! Great goal/save!

The Red Bulls made a trade with Montreal.

It's cold and snowing in the Northeast.

A few things:

This was always going to happen. If the extent of MCFC's brand expansion is a kit that resembles theirs and semi-annual friendly, that's a small price to pay for them dumping absurd amounts of money on DPs.

With Man City post season, you have a better chance of seeing players like Aguero, Silva, Yaya Toure, Wilfred Bony, etc. That's a cool experience regardless, especially when the rest of MLS is scheduling big friendlies for the likes of Aston Villa.

The above does not require NYCFC to be oh so grateful for MCFC's generosity to play nice. TR should don all black and let them have hell. Keep in mind though that there are a number of people who are fans of both clubs who think MCFC mishandled (to put it nicely) the Lampard situation, so try to keep the chanting respectful of them and more directed at the BS from Pellegrini and Lamps. But otherwise, I think a strong statement by TR of independence from the CFG project will go a long way in legitimizing NYCFC support in the eyes of non-NYCFC fans, including some who are hesistant to support the club lest they root for Man City USA.
Agree with what you're saying basically although I disagree with this.
I went to see City and Chelsea play a post season game and it was the worst live soccer experience I have ever seen. Usually when foreign teams come to the United States they come for pre season games so there is more energy I guess. Because it was the flattest game I could have imagine.. it ended 5-3, which seems like it would be exciting, but it really isnt.

The two teams lined up like this

Manchester City: Hart; Kompany (C), Zabaleta, Kolarov, Boyata; Nasri, Barry, Silvaa, Toure; Aguero, Tevez

Chelsea: Hilario; Luiz, Azpilicueta, Christensen, Ake; Ramires, Oscar, Obi Mikel, Loftus-Cheek; Ba, Torres (C)

and I remember Mata coming in for Chelsea because he scored a free kick.

People were leaving at half time because it was so bad. Basically played at a walking pace and you could tell neither of the two teams cared to be there because it was a post season friendly. I can't imagine it would be any better if its NYC playing City, especially seeing as a large portion of the fans going (the home teams fans) don't like the team thats playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.