Mid-season Inter-cfg Friendly

Status
Not open for further replies.
This line of thought from the MCFC supporting crowd is utterly disgusting and offensive.

Ya know, I've never questioned the allegiance of a MCFC supporter that also supports NYCFC even though they make it clear often that the order of said allegiances probably doesn't have NYCFC at the top.

But to have them question us as fans? Unreal....

Funnily enough I actually read his post in the opposite way. I didn't think Christian was trying to question NYCFC fans, I thought he was saying that the depth of feeling being shown on this forum is a compliment to a nascent fan group who have never even had the chance to go to a game. Still, each to their own.

Him not being there would be worse. He's not stupid; if he took the field AGAINST mcfc that would send a great message that he's here now and ready to be for NYCFC.

And do we know he's not going to be on contract? I think it's clear we have no idea what Lamps actual contract status is.
I think it's pretty clear if you care to find it.
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...ew-york-city-fc-to-start-in-july-9970257.html
Contracted through the last game in May. Takes a month off and joins us in July.

I don't trust what the front office tells me. Period. They lied, they didn't apologize, and so I don't take them at their word.
It's confirmed via MLS as well and BPL as they probed following the fiasco. And seeing as how MLS owns contracts I think they'd know. But feel free to stick your head in the sand.

It's confirmed via MLS as well and BPL as they probed following the fiasco. And seeing as how MLS owns contracts I think they'd know. But feel free to stick your head in the sand.

And MLS lied too. And all BPL has confirmed is that FL doesn't have joint ownership.

I'm not sure how I'm sticking my head in the sand. It's possible the "last game of the season" is considered to be the MC friendly in NY. Based on past history, the only way I'd be putting my head in the sand is unflinchingly believing the word of any other these parties.

Reactions: Malatesta and Paul
Funnily enough I actually read his post in the opposite way. I didn't think Christian was trying to question NYCFC fans, I thought he was saying that the depth of feeling being shown on this forum is a compliment to a nascent fan group who have never even had the chance to go to a game. Still, each to their own.
I was hoping that was clear but thank you for that. Everyone can complain and that's fine even if I think it's a bit much but let's carry that passion onto the pitch where it actually matters. We are going to have bigger fish to fry and ultimately I don't want any European retreads playing for this team whoever they may be. I want a sustainable squad through development of our American talent and be the jewel of American football.

I could see that until he added in at the end...

even if it's justified to a point,

Definitely makes it sound like he thinks its overreaction and therefore is questioning the motives of people that are angry at MCFC.

Especially since its posted after Dan ranted that too much attention was being paid to the Lampard stuff and not enough to the team stuff like the Dunn interview.

I could see that until he added in at the end...

Definitely makes it sound like he thinks its overreaction and therefore is questioning the motives of people that are angry at MCFC.

Especially since its posted after Dan ranted that too much attention was being paid is to the Lampard stuff and not enough to the team stuff like the Dunn interview.
Yeah, I think it's an overreaction, sorry, just my opinion. Be angry all you want, you're welcome to it. Everyone is to blame. MLS, CFG, MCFC, NYCFC and Lampard to varying degrees. It's over. Past time to move on. You keep hanging on to that anger though. I hope that translates to actual passion for the team when it starts play.

Reactions: AndreT_NY
I wonder if the Man City fans would be so quick to move on if a club contending against Manchester for the title was benefiting from the Lampard situation.
Fair and understood. I'll only say that I hope our owners have learned from this and will be clear with everyone so there are no questions.

Reactions: BxLio91
Fair and understood. I'll only say that I hope our owners have learned from this and will be clear with everyone so there are no questions.
But what have they done to give you any hope of this happening?

This is why we haven't gone too far with it. They have shown zero interest in doing right by their coach or their new fans. They've deceived us at every turn.

We have to hold them accountable if we hope for it to stop....

But what have they done to give you any hope of this happening?

This is why we haven't gone too far with it. They have shown zero interest in doing right by their coach or their new fans. They've deceived us at every turn.

We have to hold them accountable if we hope for it to stop....

What hope? They've committed so many resources before and after Lampard that I feel personally that all the good cancels out the bad. Working on a stadium, Kreis, Mix, Villa and our club are all positives. Yes, Lampard is a negative, I agree and am not arguing it. Accountability is important so don't misrepresent what I've said.

If you want it to stop then do something about it. That's why I joined Third Rail even though I initially thought it wasn't worthwhile. That's why I'm a season ticket holder for this club because it is important to me. I am a Manchester City supporter because I have been one far longer than NYCFC has existed. Both clubs are part of my life and luckily I'm in a position to actually work within the supporters in someway to make change so that hopefully a Lampard situation never happens again.

Oh the resources, the resources, the resources....

My favorite argument.

I'm sure no other club could sign 33 yr old Villa or 37 yr old Lampard. 37. I'm very concerned about Lampard's ability to go a full 90. He'll be joining midseason, after a month off, and not playing full 90s in how long?

Its not like Columbus didn't almost sign Mix, too.

Nothing about this club really screams "Only NY/CFG..."

Look up and see who Toronto has signed. Shouldn't we be able to at least match them if we have all these resources?

We are starting the season with 1 DP and 1 37 yr old guy coming midseason...we hope...

So cool it with the resources talk, please.

Last edited:
Reactions: sbrylski
Oh the resources, the resources, the resources....

My favorite argument.

I'm sure no other club could sign 33 yr old Villa or 37 yr old Lampard. 37. I'm very concerned about Lampard's ability to go a full 90. He'll be joining midseason, after a month off, and not playing full 90s in how long?

Its not like Columbus didn't almost sign Mix, too.

Nothing about this club really screams "Only NY/CFG..."

Look up and see who Toronto has signed. Shouldn't we be able to at least match them if we have all these resources?

We are starting the season with 1 DP and 1 37 yr old guy coming midseason...we hope...

So cool it with the resources talk, please.

Lol. The resources that do good but not enough for you. Got it. Meanwhile arguing Columbus didn't almost sign Mix? They didn't. That's a fact and while you whine about Columbus wanting him we got him. Done.

Next. Who Toronto has signed? Got it. Jozy and the Italian player are better than what we have. Ok. Your opinion. Not mine. Remember last year when Toronto signed Bradley and DeFoe? How did that turn out? I'll take everything we've done so far over everything any other club has done.

Lol. The resources that do good but not enough for you. Got it. Meanwhile arguing Columbus didn't almost sign Mix? They didn't. That's a fact and while you whine about Columbus wanting him we got him. Done.

Next. Who Toronto has signed? Got it. Jozy and the Italian player are better than what we have. Ok. Your opinion. Not mine. Remember last year when Toronto signed Bradley and DeFoe? How did that turn out? I'll take everything we've done so far over everything any other club has done.
Yeah, we got Mix but I'm pretty sure it didn't take the VAST CFG warchest to sign a non-DP player. I'm also pretty sure RB could have landed him if they really wanted to around the time that Columbus almost landed him. I believe New York was a bigger factor than CFG in landing Mix but I'll let you have your dream.

Yeah, Toronto has signed Bradley(26), Defoe(31), Giovinco (a 27 y/o Juventus player), and now Altidore(25) in the last year + a month. I really do like David Villa, as a player and a person, so I'm not trying to downplay his importance but we will start the season with ONE DP. That's not good in MLS 2015. That's especially not good when you're a team in New York.

Its especially not good when Claudio Reyna was talking so smugly about how "NYCFC will use all its DP slots!" from the day NYCFC was announced.

Last edited:
Window is still open no? Plus there was a lot of outcry that Mix should have been a DP and that MLS helped the process of getting him here so we can keep our DP slots.

Yeah, we got Mix but I'm pretty sure it didn't take the VAST CFG warchest to sign a non-DP player. I'm also pretty sure RB could have landed him if they really wanted to around the time that Columbus almost landed him. I believe New York was a bigger factor than CFG in landing Mix but I'll let you have your dream.

Pure speculation on your part but you hold on to your dream as well of things that might have happened but didn't.

Pure speculation on your part but you hold on to your dream as well of things that might have happened but didn't.
Yep, let me get down on my hands and knees and worship our overlords and their vast resources capable of signing a non-DP player.

Only they have the resources to make that happen!
ejevlj.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.