Status
Not open for further replies.

Falastur

Registered
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 20, 2014
Herts, UK
I realise that this is going to come as a something of an unwanted present for some of you, but it's a news story and it was going to come out eventually, so I guess it might as well come out now.

The Telegraph over here in the UK are reporting that MCFC are planning a May friendly stateside against NYCFC - this would be right after the end of the PL season and their last act before going on their summer off-season.

From this article: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...once-Premier-League-campaign-is-finished.html

Reactions: LostAnvil
it's going to be a busy month for Yankee Stadium, if that's where the friendly ends up being played

vQdyAW4.jpg

NYCFC has three home games in May: 3rd, 15th, and 30th

Reactions: Kjbert
I didn't click the link, did the article mention what venue? Can't imagine the people behind the scenes would be very happy about allowing another game in Yankee Stadium during baseball season.

Reactions: Kjbert
By the looks of that calendar I doubt it will be May. Unless they're thinking Met Life and draw a huge crowd.

I think it's great to bring another world-class match to NYC, but bring in another opponent to play ManC. We are in midseason and should not be playing pointless matches like this.

But how will the clueless bastards promote the mothership in NYC? They probably think they are giving us a treat. Let's do what it takes to open their eyes.

How do they think this is a good idea?
Post season games are dumb as it is. I remember watching Chelsea-City at Yankee stadium in a post season game and it was terrible. Imagine how bad it will be when one of the teams is booed the entire game.

You'd think they'd wait until next year to do something like this. Give people time to forget Lampard gate

Reactions: LostAnvil
I knew something like this would happen. I'm open to seeing them play MC but it seems poorly timed. We should be focusing on the season in May, not pointless friendlies.

Reactions: Paul and Kjbert
How big of a shitstorm would it be if we welcomed Fat Frank back with the tifo Standard fans had for Defour?

Reactions: Malatesta
Status
Not open for further replies.