MLS - August 6 - Columbus (Away)

How many times has Heber gone 90 minutes since his injury?

If this team has Maxi available to go most of the match in the midfield, they’ll be fine.

Yes, Taty is a big loss, but it’s clear that this team can’t survive without either Keaton or Maxi in the midfield. They need someone who can possess and progress the ball as well as orchestrate building up from the back. Santi is great at the 10, but he isn’t as great at maintaining possession, or drawing in defenders to then dribble past, or 1-2 passing to open up more options.

If this team has Maxi available to go most of the match in the midfield, they’ll be fine.

Yes, Taty is a big loss, but it’s clear that this team can’t survive without either Keaton or Maxi in the midfield. They need someone who can possess and progress the ball as well as orchestrate building up from the back. Santi is great at the 10, but he isn’t as great at maintaining possession, or drawing in defenders to then dribble past, or 1-2 passing to open up more options.

Yea. i think santi needs to learn when to slow things down and when to go turbo ahead. being young, i think he's all about going turbo ahead and that often results in possession loss. if he can learn some patience and wisdom from maxi and we keep him after this season, he'll be elite for us.

Reactions: VernonJohn
Heber can provide value, but needs a formation adjustment
That's the way I see it. Over on the Hudson River Blue site I was talking dual-striker formation before the match, with Talles Magno and Héber together up top in either in a 3-5-2 or 4-4-2, depending. Maybe even a bog standard 4-3-3 would have been worth trying, with Pereira on the opposite wing from Talles and Héber in the middle.

Of course, Nick knows his squad a lot better than I do. But I think it's obvious to everyone we need a tweak, especially with Talles dropping so deep in the lone striker set-up (I'm not sure why he's doing that) and then kind of just ghosting around. Getting him a lot more forward is a good start. And Héber needs help to be effective.

much like in the game... heber didn't really stand out..

b07sxuzulykm11a4cjrm.jpg

I am about ready to advocate for Talles Magno to move back to a CM so he can advance the ball for us.