MLS Cup Playoffs - December 11 - Portland (Away)

the wife has given her blessing , I am sure she will hold it against me for at least 6 months but it will be worth it

now to wait for the club ticket release at 4 and see if I can snap one up

You luck son of a gun. I've been bugging my wife for almost 24 hours and she's holding firm on "no." Worse part is that one of my kids has a b-day party to go to from 3-5 while the other has a holiday party with her teammates starting at 5 and we volunteered to drive another kid weeks ago before I knew we'd be playing.

If NYCFC win on Saturday there are y'all confident the team gets a ticker-tape parade on the canyon of heroes?

Reactions: Kjbert
If NYCFC win on Saturday there are y'all confident the team gets a ticker-tape parade on the canyon of heroes?
On the ride back home after getting back from the bus trip to Philly, I was looking at the city and the people and thought to myself, nobody cares enough about this team or this league. How many people in the city at that time even knew what had just happened. When the Yankees/Mets make it to the World Series, when the Giants/Jets make to the Super Bowl, when the Knicks/Nets make it to the NBA Finals, when the Rangers/Islanders/Devils make it to the Stanley Cup you're either living under a rock or blissfully ignorant. We're still so niche in the greater landscape of sports in America and culture of this city. No way does a parade happen. What were would be is an event outside City Hall with a few hundred or so people.

You luck son of a gun. I've been bugging my wife for almost 24 hours and she's holding firm on "no." Worse part is that one of my kids has a b-day party to go to from 3-5 while the other has a holiday party with her teammates starting at 5 and we volunteered to drive another kid weeks ago before I knew we'd be playing.
Um. Hello ... Uber?

Just got an email from NYCFC after buying a member ticket last night:

Your ticket request for 1 for MLS Cup at Providence Park on 12/11 between NYCFC and Portland Timbers is confirmed.

Note that if any of the tickets you purchase go unused, you will be charged the full price amount of $58 for those ticket(s). These tickets are not for resale and we may revoke your tickets if they are reposted.

All mobile tickets will be distributed towards the end of week to the ticket buyer.

More details will be provided the towards the end of week of the match with regards to meeting location and the Away Supporter Group plan.

*Please note that for Providence Park, proof of vaccination OR a negative PCR test within 72 hours of the match is required*

On the ride back home after getting back from the bus trip to Philly, I was looking at the city and the people and thought to myself, nobody cares enough about this team or this league. How many people in the city at that time even knew what had just happened. When the Yankees/Mets make it to the World Series, when the Giants/Jets make to the Super Bowl, when the Knicks/Nets make it to the NBA Finals, when the Rangers/Islanders/Devils make it to the Stanley Cup you're either living under a rock or blissfully ignorant. We're still so niche in the greater landscape of sports in America and culture of this city. No way does a parade happen. What were would be is an event outside City Hall with a few hundred or so people.
Probably a celebration at Yankee Stadium. I could see them just letting us hang out in the champions seats and the players celebrating with us.

Anyone got the email yet...it's past 4PM haven't heard anything

Looks like prices went up? that's sad.

Dear City Members,

We cannot thank you enough for your support and enthusiasm as NYCFC advances to the Audi 2021 MLS Cup for the first time ever. We’re sharing an update on incremental away ticket allotment and when they’ll go on sale to City Members.

Please see below for important information. Please note that tickets are extremely limited and are sold on a first-come, first-served basis.
  • Away tickets will go on-sale for City Members starting tomorrow, December 7 at 10:30 am
  • The price for these tickets will be $58 per ticket.
  • A maximum of two (2) tickets can be purchased for the match.
As always, thank you for your support!

LET’S GO YOU BOYS IN BLUE!!!

Dear City Members,

We cannot thank you enough for your support and enthusiasm as NYCFC advances to the Audi 2021 MLS Cup for the first time ever. We’re sharing an update on incremental away ticket allotment and when they’ll go on sale to City Members.

Please see below for important information. Please note that tickets are extremely limited and are sold on a first-come, first-served basis.
  • Away tickets will go on-sale for City Members starting tomorrow, December 7 at 10:30 am

Wonder what extremely limited equates to
Don’t let me down NYCFC after I did the hard work of getting wife approval

Dear City Members,

Last night they allowed buying up to 4 tickets and prices were $10 for City Members and $58 for non-City Members. Today they switch to 2 tickets and all prices at $58. This should have been coordinated a lot better on the front office's part, intern.

Last night they allowed buying up to 4 tickets and prices were $10 for City Members and $58 for non-City Members. Today they switch to 2 tickets and all prices at $58. This should have been coordinated a lot better on the front office's part, intern.
They saw the demand and are now trying to make more cash off of it. Kinda sucks

Reactions: Kjbert

Defensive much?
I mean, I know we play in a current baseball stadium, and that's a whole different thing. But now that I know it bothers them, if we don't sing Take Me Out to the Ballgame or something, shame on us.
Yeah -- back then they would NEVER build a major league baseball stadium in that shape or with those ridiculous dimensions:

1638826742845.png