MLS - February 24 - Charlotte (Away)

I’m too lazy to look it up - is it true that NYCFC has never beaten Charlotte? Wow. That is incredibly weird.

Good day to end that juju.

Yeah, but only 4 meetings I think it is. Not exactly the biggest sample size. Tied them last year in Queens.

Yeah, but only 4 meetings I think it is. Not exactly the biggest sample size. Tied them last year in Queens.
Also they caught us twice in 2022 during the slump after Taty left and before Campeones Cup.The Home game was at RBA.
Last year Ledezma scored the game winner for Charlotte at Charlotte with an OG header off a free kick, and then the draw in Queens.

Reactions: KevinJRogers
What a great sports day this is.

Premier League all morning.

Yankees playing their first spring training game (Mets too, but who cares about them).

Rangers rivalry game on national TV.

NYCFC opening night.

Went for a run today in a warm jersey. Cause you know. That’s what you do before a game. Let’s gooooo

O’Toole out. Bakrar out. We will have trouble winning games if either of them are in our starting 11. Some signs of a press and good link up play in the final third, but we still have some personnel issues (see above).

Reactions: Kjbert
O’Toole out. Bakrar out. We will have trouble winning games if either of them are in our starting 11. Some signs of a press and good link up play in the final third, but we still have some personnel issues (see above).
We waited am entire year to find a replacement for Taty Castellanos and went with Bakrar.

Disappointing, but to try to put an optimistic look on it....

We had lots of sloppy touches, errant or imperfect passes, miscommunications etc. all things which, as the season progresses, should hopefully mitigate themselves. We had numerous instances where a promising position resulted in a turnover. A little bit sharper and maybe careless turnovers turn into scoring opportunities, and a goal or two, and a point or 3.

Defensively, we are still solid, and Freese just might be an elite MLS keeper. Get all these young offensive pieces sharp and we're a contender.

We spent all of last season knowing that we were a goalscorer away from being pretty good, and we waited and waited for that goalscoring that never came. This season, we might have that goalscoring ability on the roster, hopefully we don't wait until we're chasing the playoffs down the stretch to see it.

Reactions: JCMore
Bakrar had some sloppy touches and shots but I thought he had a good game aside from shooting. If he gets overtaken by Jovan that's fine but his misses were not the worst in the game (looking at Santi although he had a good game)

Reactions: FootyLovin
I am okay if Kevin O'Toole does not play again for this club.

The problem is we have no senior roster spots available and no international spots left so anyone we grab means someone has to leave.

I agree that he and Gray are both not good for those roles. Santi and Parks were also awful tonight. Going to give these guys more than one game on turf after not having played a competitive match for 125 days.

it’s getting late early, Nick

He gets until after the homestand in April/May for me. If there's not significant improvement by then, it's time to make a move.

This team never -- even in 2021 -- wins on the road. We've only won two season openers in 10 seasons. This isn't unusual. I'm tired of these 1-0, 1-1 games too, but we need to give Nick a fair chance.