MLS - February 25 - Nashville (Away)

A 9 and a 10. That's all we need. And a CB if we're playing 4 across and 2 CBs if we're playing with wingbacks.

So just a 9, a 10, and 2 CBs. And some depth.

If Haak were not homegrown he wouldn't get anywhere near the pitch for this team.

Oh good, I bought my pass this morning
And I didn’t end up watching live 😂

Are there not replays? I found the recap but not the full match

Reactions: Kjbert
And I didn’t end up watching live 😂

Are there not replays? I found the recap but not the full match

Scroll to the bottom after going into the game screen where the highlights are. It's the one that says MLS season pass.

Reactions: joe
He seems shorter to me as well, but
View attachment 12578

Hair is a confounding factor, but he seems a bit shorter than Keaton (listed as 6'3"), taller than Haak (6'0"), and about the same as Chanot, Martins and Talles (all 6'1").
Also nice to see the Keaton Grin in full effect.
Really hate the our GK kit here has red. On Etihad, the adidas, and the adidas stripes.

Reactions: Kjbert and engine46
We've clearly needed a forward since Taty left. If they go out and get someone of superior quality mid season that clearly wouldn't have been available sooner I will apologize but if not it's hard not to see it as neglect. You can't say they didn't have time to get something done.

We've clearly needed a forward since Taty left. If they go out and get someone of superior quality mid season that clearly wouldn't have been available sooner I will apologize but if not it's hard not to see it as neglect. You can't say they didn't have time to get something done.

Talles Magno has a higher price if he’s a CF. That, to me, is your answer.

Reactions: Gene and Davo15
Talles Magno has a higher price if he’s a CF. That, to me, is your answer.

I agree, some subset of the organization thinks/wants Magno to be a CF, and the roster has been constructed for that since Taty left. The fact that Nick was willing to bump him to the wing halfway through the season's first game tells me he's not really bought into the idea. It really makes you wonder what parts of the org are pushing the Magno as a CF idea. Does Magno see himself as a CF? Is this our front office's plan and they are too stubborn to change it or just slow to adapt? Does CFG want him developed as a CF so they aren't signing off on any transfers that would compete with him for that spot?

I'd go with the OG - Prince's Hot Chicken. Nearby the stadium, you can hit Fat Mo's for a burger and fries, but you may need to go straight to the hospital for an angioplasty afterwards.

Sadly, Arnold's and Rotier's are gone.
Damn, didnt realized arnolds was gone. didnt rec it as it was a saturday and they are weekdays lunch only.

Hattie B’s is…convenient. I prefer Prince’s and Bolton’s but all things being equal I’d rather eat Gus’s or even Popeyes than any Nashville style hot chicken (ducks). And the best meal I ever had in Nash was at Husk.
love husk too

Reactions: Kjbert
Gray isn’t any better as a RB than he was 18 months ago. That’s a problem. We’re going to need our little Slovenian to get up to speed soon. And it’s not just that Gray can’t distribute, can’t overlap and can’t help in the buildup. Our most dangerous player is Gabby. Grays inability to help in the attack puts Gabby on an island. Gabby consistently faced two men when he get the ball. And he only got the ball sparingly because Gray can’t make a dangerous forward pass. I can’t stress how much Gray limits us offensively. It’s really bad.
100% this. Gray's shortcomings on offence forced us to go down the left too often since Gabby was stranded by himself. Would also love to see Gray become a CB alongside Martins, where I felt Gray looked pretty good in his short cameo for one or two games there last season. Gives us depth in an area where we don't have too much. Also removes most of his offensive needs, which will be good for him and the team.

On second half adjustments.

1. Clearly Magno on the wing with Andrade up top worked better.

2. It seemed they moved to a system where the start of the build went to a back 3 with Gray next to the 2 CBs vs first half where Haak dropped back between the CBs. Gray and Cufre seemed to both move forward together in the first half. In the second it seemed Cufre moved forward with all 3 mids. Then Gray got forward only later in the build up.

3. Gabby. Because of the shift in the build up and Magno moving to LW, almost all the offense went up the left side. That was much better than the first half. But the downside was that whenever they switched fields to Gabby, he was completely isolated. Gave him very little opportunity to work the kind of magic he can deliver when he has players to work off of.

Kudos to Nick for making in game adjustments. Unlucky to lose the second half. Deserving of a draw from the second half (not for the whole game, just a 0-0, or 1-1 scoreline for the second half alone would have been representative).
Cushing gave a great quote on this in the postgame:

“We changed the shape in possession: we brought Tayvon [Gray] inside which gave us complete control of the first line, then we brought Keaton [Parks] down and Talles [Magno] inside. It was just because we were at one side with Cufré and the other side with Gabriel Pereira, and it gave us complete control in the game. It got Talles [Magno] on the ball more, and got him facing up and dribbling with the ball. I think we’re at our best when we’re involving Talles Magno. We just didn’t create the moment, and we need to be better when we’re carrying so much of the ball and have so much of the ball in the final third that we make sure that we’re hurting teams.”

Cushing gave a great quote on this in the postgame:

“We changed the shape in possession: we brought Tayvon [Gray] inside which gave us complete control of the first line, then we brought Keaton [Parks] down and Talles [Magno] inside. It was just because we were at one side with Cufré and the other side with Gabriel Pereira, and it gave us complete control in the game. It got Talles [Magno] on the ball more, and got him facing up and dribbling with the ball. I think we’re at our best when we’re involving Talles Magno. We just didn’t create the moment, and we need to be better when we’re carrying so much of the ball and have so much of the ball in the final third that we make sure that we’re hurting teams.”

i did like cushing's post match press conf. he didn't try to paper over anything. his disappointment was pretty apparent.

i did like cushing's post match press conf. he didn't try to paper over anything. his disappointment was pretty apparent.
was there a post game presser on apple? where are people watching the post game?

I agree, some subset of the organization thinks/wants Magno to be a CF, and the roster has been constructed for that since Taty left. The fact that Nick was willing to bump him to the wing halfway through the season's first game tells me he's not really bought into the idea. It really makes you wonder what parts of the org are pushing the Magno as a CF idea. Does Magno see himself as a CF? Is this our front office's plan and they are too stubborn to change it or just slow to adapt? Does CFG want him developed as a CF so they aren't signing off on any transfers that would compete with him for that spot?

He’s a Young DP. They have now an 18 month window to sell him. They invested $8 million into him. I have no idea what he goes for TODAY, but is it $8 million?