MLS - July 17 - Columbus (Away)

So, I haven't read any rumors about us sniffing around for a DP level striker... and the window will be closed in a few weeks. What are the chances we end the window without a DP striker?
100%
Wasbt it Lee that said we would get one?

100%
Wasbt it Lee that said we would get one?

I don't remember. I think he may have mentioned that we were looking into possibly making another signing in the summer window, but he didn't mention anything specific. I think it was abromowitz who said he expected the club to sign a DP striker this summer.

There are a few weeks to go and the club may be working on something. We'll just have to wait and see and hope Thiago tears things up on the wing and Taty rediscovers his form until then.

Reactions: Kjbert
Well, it doesn't say where you have to be located to do so. The game is on YES. I think someone just did a copy/paste from MLS.com copy meant for a national audience, then added the radio stuff.

ETA: M moogoo beat me to it.

MLS does mention it is on the local columbus channel and on YES in the match preview.

club website has YES when you click on the "how to watch/listen" link, but only mentions ESPN+ on the injury report. club digital finding a different thing to mess up since they fixed the kickoff countdown clock :)

At some point should SJ start declining these callups? He's, at best, the #3 keeper and it's really silly for him to miss time with us to not play for the National team.

I was thinking about this last night as well. From where I sit, it looks like he’s fourth keeper right now. It’d be great for the club, but he’s an injury away from being on a World Cup roster. I don’t think you throw away that chance and start declining call ups with a shot like that.

At some point should SJ start declining these callups? He's, at best, the #3 keeper and it's really silly for him to miss time with us to not play for the National team.

As a supporter, I would think so. But for him, I'm sure he feels very honored to even get the call up. By my count, he's probably 4th in the depth chart. There's a good chance he won't even get selected for the WC squad if we qualify. and maybe not even for all of the WCQ games.

I was thinking about this last night as well. From where I sit, it looks like he’s fourth keeper right now. It’d be great for the club, but he’s an injury away from being on a World Cup roster. I don’t think you throw away that chance and start declining call ups with a shot like that.
A third WC keeper probably probably never sees the field but he’s still a WC squad member. Makes sense for Johnson to stay involved in case something happens and he gets that chance, but after Qatar, I’d rethink the +/- , especially if he doesn’t go.

Well, it doesn't say where you have to be located to do so. The game is on YES. I think someone just did a copy/paste from MLS.com copy meant for a national audience, then added the radio stuff.

ETA: M moogoo beat me to it.
I'm up in Orange County, NY tonight... Not sure if that's within the blackout radius. But if so I can always fall back on my VPN.

I'm up in Orange County, NY tonight... Not sure if that's within the blackout radius. But if so I can always fall back on my VPN.
It very much is. Even Saratoga county and Albany county are in black out radius. If you can get YES regionally you’re blacked out :/

Reactions: Kjbert