MLS - July 17 - Columbus (Away)

Barraza ain't it.

I'll entertain other complaints, but this game turned on a simple truth - Room is an MLS caliber keeper and Barraza is not.

I still have hope for the kid. A year long loan will do him good I think.

I still don’t think Ronny will switch barraza though

Reactions: SoupInNYC
You put Chicharito on this team and we win 4-2

I can see that to an extent. Because I know he will be marked a lot tighter Because he is a known threat. He won’t be getting as many chances as taty that’s for sure.

You said with the same players. I'm not angry. Don't say ridiculous untruths.

Your tone seemed angry to me. Didn't realize "WTF" and referring to someone as a "whiny shit" were calm terms to use.

Anyway, we're missing Heber and Mitri. Otherwise, it's the essentially the same set of players up front. As a whole, with the similar set of players, we performed much better under Dome and more consistently. Now, it's a tossup whether we're going to get a good performance or a bad one.

I can see that to an extent. Because I know he will be marked a lot tighter Because he is a known threat. He won’t be getting as many chances as taty that’s for sure.

He'd be marked the same as he is while playing for the galaxy and he's still scoring. if he played for us, it wouldn't change how he is marked. only difference would be whether he'd get the service he needs.

Barraza ain't it.

I'll entertain other complaints, but this game turned on a simple truth - Room is an MLS caliber keeper and Barraza is not.

Matt Turner also went to the Gold Cup and the Revs just won with a clean sheet tonight. You need a serviceable backup keeper especially if your #1 will miss significant time with the national team.

Reactions: Kjbert and LionNYC
I still have hope for the kid. A year long loan will do him good I think.

I still don’t think Ronny will switch barraza though

Loan, sure. Doubt much changes. He is small for a keeper. He may be listed at 6'2" on the roster page, but that must be an exaggeration. If Stuver is 6'3" - which is accurate based on my standing near him - then Barraza surely isn't 6'2". Melia is listed at 6'1" and he is the same height as Barraza, if not taller.

He also has not exhibited any spring or expected keeper athleticism. His one save tonight early was him falling to his right (not a jump). On the free kick he moved right but didn't show notable stretch or jump. On the Nagbe goal - which was admittedly a tough position - he didn't get "big" at all.

I realize Johnson is taller than the average keeper and has exceptional leaping ability, but Barraza isn't even in the same country, let alone neighborhood.

Mizell is listed at 6'0" for what it's worth. Maybe things can get worse?

Reactions: Kjbert and moogoo
We traded 75K GAM to LA Galaxy to trade up to draft Barraza. It doesn't seem worth it. The goalkeepers from the academy and those who've graduated look better from their videos.

Reactions: Kjbert
Loan, sure. Doubt much changes. He is small for a keeper. He may be listed at 6'2" on the roster page, but that must be an exaggeration. If Stuver is 6'3" - which is accurate based on my standing near him - then Barraza surely isn't 6'2". Melia is listed at 6'1" and he is the same height as Barraza, if not taller.

He also has not exhibited any spring or expected keeper athleticism. His one save tonight early was him falling to his right (not a jump). On the free kick he moved right but didn't show notable stretch or jump. On the Nagbe goal - which was admittedly a tough position - he didn't get "big" at all.

I realize Johnson is taller than the average keeper and has exceptional leaping ability, but Barraza isn't even in the same country, let alone neighborhood.

Mizell is listed at 6'0" for what it's worth. Maybe things can get worse?

i dont think height is always the determining factor though, sure if you are shorter and should have hops to make up for height. on the other side of the coin you have someone like Brad Guzman who never goes for balls that are on the ground and gives up a lot of those, he doesn’t know how to dive for those. So each can have its flaws.

we had mizell against Corinthians in a preseason game and people I think liked his performance. Also I think they nicknamed him “el gato”, the cat at new mexico United probably for all those saves he made in his time there which included a quarter final run in the us open cup for them. So maybe it won’t be worse? I just feel like his experience of actually being a starting GK in a team (even USL level)can help.

We traded 75K GAM to LA Galaxy to trade up to draft Barraza. It doesn't seem worth it. The goalkeepers from the academy and those who've graduated look better from their videos.

they We’re going with him because he was able to play the ball with his feet, and we had the whole play out the back strategy going on back then.

And still got us to the top of the east in 2019 without villa. Ronny was not a good hire.
Dome had thin skin and ran away. Eff him. Ronny was the result of a incompetently handled search, and I had low expectations, but this team has fallen apart for the first 15-20 games under every new coach and I'd much rather see Ronny get maybe at least one normal season with an actual front line then start that process all over again. Let him have that, and if he fails, he had his shot and we can deal with the whole slow start under a new coach crap again. But you fire Ronny now after the roster mismanagement he had to deal with and good luck hiring someone. We basically had every CFG coaching prospect run away from us after Dome quit. Who would look at Ronny getting fired with a winning record while mostly having no front line depth, and say, oh, now I want to work for that organization?

I mean, I'd like for once to have the same coach for a few years before they quit on us or we fire them. The only coach who managed 2 full seasons with us then quit mid-fucking season. So we built a team for Torrent to make a 2-3 year run with roster stability and he quit after 1.5 years. Then Ronny comes in, has to deal with the weirdest damn season imaginable before you even account for having 30% and then 50% of our front line disappearing with no reinforcements (except for Jasson). He deals with that for ~20 games during which we never were shut out and we undergo another roster rebuild which we just about finished and 3-4 games into it people are ready to give up because we lost 2 games in a row -- both on the road and both with irregular schedules -- for the first time in 31 games? Sands is out. Neither Magno nor Santi have even played 90 minutes yet. So let's give up on this project before it's too late. I don't get it.

Can Ronny have one full season -- I'll even take one that straddles 2021 and 2022 -- with a complete roster before we announce failure and blow it up again??

Man, this team is just bad. We have 3 players proven to play with heart, SJ, Sands, Keaton.

maxi plays with heart,but it’s to the detriment of the team at this point. He’s all action, no end product at this point. He runs around just enough, and is just slow enough, that he is totally worthless.

i really can’t blame anyone. Would you be inspired to play for an ass clown like Ronny Deila?

Dome had thin skin and ran away. Eff him. Ronny was the result of a incompetently handled search, and I had low expectations, but this team has fallen apart for the first 15-20 games under every new coach and I'd much rather see Ronny get maybe at least one normal season with an actual front line then start that process all over again. Let him have that, and if he fails, he had his shot and we can deal with the whole slow start under a new coach crap again. But you fire Ronny now after the roster mismanagement he had to deal with and good luck hiring someone. We basically had every CFG coaching prospect run away from us after Dome quit. Who would look at Ronny getting fired with a winning record while mostly having no front line depth, and say, oh, now I want to work for that organization?

I mean, I'd like for once to have the same coach for a few years before they quit on us or we fire them. The only coach who managed 2 full seasons with us then quit mid-fucking season. So we built a team for Torrent to make a 2-3 year run with roster stability and he quit after 1.5 years. Then Ronny comes in, has to deal with the weirdest damn season imaginable before you even account for having 30% and then 50% of our front line disappearing with no reinforcements (except for Jasson). He deals with that for ~20 games during which we never were shut out and we undergo another roster rebuild which we just about finished and 3-4 games into it people are ready to give up because we lost 2 games in a row -- both on the road and both with irregular schedules -- for the first time in 31 games? Sands is out. Neither Magno nor Santi have even played 90 minutes yet. So let's give up on this project before it's too late. I don't get it.

Can Ronny have one full season -- I'll even take one that straddles 2021 and 2022 -- with a complete roster before we announce failure and blow it up again??
This is all valid. I just don’t like him.