MLS - July 30 - Columbus (Home)

Pretty sure the Stadium board said 20 goals in last five YS games, including tonight. I remember thinking it was just another four-goal night...
I thought ithey put the number 20 up there also. But it definitely is 15 in 4 games this year, and AFAICT the previous Yankee Stadium game was way back on 9/25/19, a 4-1 win over Atlanta, which is damn nice but still only gets the total to 19 goals in 5 games.

Reactions: Victors87
I just rewatched the sequence. Parks also did a thing before the corner where he got in Room’s space and had to be told to give Room some, room. In response the Crew assigned a defender to mark him and as Medina served, Parks cleared out dragging the defender with him and Room was left alone in front of goal so it was basically wide open.
Somewhere along the way this team went from almost never scoring from corners to scoring from corners at a seemingly more normal rate.

A stat popped up during the match saying something to the effect that so far this season NYCFC has scored the most goals in MLS from set plays... Am I remembering that right?

Somewhere along the way this team went from almost never scoring from corners to scoring from corners at a seemingly more normal rate.

A stat popped up during the match saying something to the effect that so far this season NYCFC has scored the most goals in MLS from set plays... Am I remembering that right?
I can't confirm or not, but by my count we have 3 free kick goals and 7 off corners. One of the corners was an own goal so not sure if it counts. I doubt anyone else has 10 or more.

Maxi gender reveal is a penalty miss lol!

This does not show the full sequence but before hitting post the kid put it right in goal but it didn't burst. So he nailed it on the wood on the second try. Pretty neat they can manufacture a ball that won't pop when you kick it but will when it hits wood.
Congratulations to the family.

This does not show the full sequence but before hitting post the kid put it right in goal but it didn't burst. So he nailed it on the wood on the second try. Pretty neat they can manufacture a ball that won't pop when you kick it but will when it hits wood.
Congratulations to the family.
I love how pumped the whole team was for this. This picture captures it perfectly.

The thing to do now is say your team didn’t lose due to the pitch size, but then still say they lost due to the pitch size.

I honestly don't understand these complaints. Shouldn't the smaller field size make it harder to score because there's less room?

I actually think the biggest issue for opponents is the angle of the field in relation to the stands moreso than the field size. That would seem to be the biggest difference between our field and others.

Reactions: JCMore
The thing to do now is say your team didn’t lose due to the pitch size, but then still say they lost due to the pitch size.

When ever the club or league posts anything about the team, one of the most liked comments is always a jab about the stadium or the field and it’s honestly quite embarrassing for both the poster and the “likers” at this point. Come up with something new for once.

When ever the club or league posts anything about the team, one of the most liked comments is always a jab about the stadium or the field and it’s honestly quite embarrassing for both the poster and the “likers” at this point. Come up with something new for once.
Since you changed your avatar I'm always struck by the surprising lack of profanity in your posts.