Lower.com Field
Apple TV (Free)

REF: Sergii Boiko
AR1: Jeremy Kieso
AR2: Justin Howard
4TH: Ricardo Fierro
VAR: Alejandro Mariscal
AVAR: Joshua Patlak

Going to Columbus Saturday for the game then driving to Cincinnati for the USA Gold Cup game vs Canada. Anyone have any recommendations for either city? Only things planned so far are to go to the pro football hall of fame and to flip off the Horseshoe at Ohio State (Go Blue!)

• Haha
Reactions: Sabo and mgarbowski
Going to Columbus Saturday for the game then driving to Cincinnati for the USA Gold Cup game vs Canada. Anyone have any recommendations for either city? Only things planned so far are to go to the pro football hall of fame and to flip off the Horseshoe at Ohio State (Go Blue!)
Well obviously you have to go to Skyline when in Cincinnati. It's just what one does.

According to the official "Injury Report" other than James Sands it's all hands on deck tonight.

With that being said, since the match is in Columbus what are the odds of a thunder storm delay? Seems to happen a lot there.

The mark of a bad team: Finding ways to not win. That's us right now. We do so many good things, go 1-0 up, and still find a way to not win.

The mark of a bad team: Finding ways to not win. That's us right now. We do so many good things, go 1-0 up, and still find a way to not win.

I don't think the team is good, but I disagree with the last part. On the recent run of 1W 7D they have lost the lead in 2 draws yet came back for a point in 3 matches. Just as often as they struggle to maintain they fight back for a point. Others may disagree, but I have seen effort (with perhaps some exceptions). What I haven't seen is the offensive totem that would exponentially improve the cadre of wings and attacking midfielders we have on the roster.

Sometimes the simple explanation is the correct one. The team needs a) a striker and b) a veteran offensive presence, even as a reserve, to rein in the young players. It isn't rocket science.

Last edited:
I don't think the team is good, but I disagree with the last part. On the recent run of 1W 7D they have lost the lead in 2 draws yet came back for a point in 3 matches. Just as often as they struggle to maintain they fight back for a point. Others may disagree, but I have seen effort (with perhaps some exceptions). What I haven't seen is the offensive totem that would exponentially improve the cadre of wings and attacking midfielders we have on the roster.

Sometimes the simple explaination is the correct one. The team needs a) a striker and b) a veteran offensive presence, even as a reserve, to rein in the young players. It isn't rocket science.

Oh I'm seeing effort, lots of effort. I'm not questioning the effort. I am questioning their ability to kill a game. You need to be able to kill a game when you have a lead and your opponent on 10 men.

Reactions: Vallos
Oh I'm seeing effort, lots of effort. I'm not questioning the effort. I am questioning their ability to kill a game. You need to be able to kill a game when you have a lead and your opponent on 10 men.

this is where the veteran attacking presence comes into play. Maxi would have been fouled 20 times in the last 15 mins.. holding the ball and slowing the game down.

This. It didn’t help that the ref all of a sudden decided to stop the game for what eight minutes to card a second person on the CLB bench (really who gives a shit!) so while CLB is getting fired up (and resting) NYCFC is being told calm down, wait…and what happens? CLB comes out hair on fire and scores like 2 minutes after the restart.

It shouldn’t be an excuse - NYCFC should know how to control the game up a man and not invite pressure, even if you do have a ton of DMs and CBs in the box. This was piss poor game management and that is coaching.

Reactions: Vallos
New York City Fc Reaction GIF by NYCFC

Edit: this guy made me eat my words M moogoo

Sometimes the simple explaination is the correct one. The team needs a) a striker and b) a veteran offensive presence, even as a reserve, to rein in the young players. It isn't rocket science.
I'm with this. Team has improved the last couple of games considerably despite disappointing results. All the bad results before this week were fully deserved, and almost solely due to a putrid offense and bad/unlucky set piece defending. After conceding 7 corner and free kick goals in the first 11 games we've conceded just 1 in the last 12.

These two games are the first 2 times I think we legitimately can say we deserved a better result. Until this week we did not finish poorly. Instead we didn't shoot and could not create good chances. I'd much rather see the team from the last 2 games who connect on through balls, get people open on goal, and take shots. I'm more heartened by the last 2 draws than I was by the win at Montreal. Things have - at least partly - improved.