Mls Live Worth It?

I never genuinely cared about MLS until last year. I watched the World Cup and other big games, such as MLS Cup, but that was it. When NYCFC came about I went all in on the sport and league. It's $65 now and goes up after a certain date. I watch probably 3-4 games on it a month, either to see stars on other teams or games that impact NYC in terms of the table. If you like soccer and MLS, regardless of the team playing, it's worth it.

Only downside is that all nationally televised games on Unimas, FS1, and ESPN are not on the MLS Live at the time of the game but can be watched the following day.

Reactions: Codz95
It would also make it a lot easier to follow non-national NYCFC games. Really leaning towards grabbing before preseason's finished.

You should be able to watch NYCFC non-national games on the Fox Sports Go app, they have YES network on there. You need a cable subscription though.

It's worth it. I'm in Quebec so I watched all our non national and against canadian teams games on it, in addition to watching a shit ton of games to follow the league and be knowledgeable about teams and players we faced. I'd say if you want to know what you're talking about in game threads and not sound like a eurosnob who only watches us because of the DPs and who assumes we should win every game, go for it. Holy run on. Last year I had it for free as a cityzen reward. I'm just going to pay the 65 this year.

Very worth it for me. I watched a few NYCFC matches on it and a lot of other MLS matches. I thought the interface was nice and simple and had fewer buffering issues than I have on NBC for example.

It's hard to say if it's worth it for other people. $65 isn't too much money but it might be to some people. It's nice to know that if you get it you'll be able to watch every MLS game. But that doesn't mean you'll be able to watch every MLS game on MLS Live. Any time there is a national network that airs the game you won't be able to use MLS Live.

Bottom line for me is that it's worth it for me for sure. I play Fantasy MLS and it's great to be able to watch how all of my guys do or watch a game and see certain players in great form and pick them up the next week. I'm definitely picking it up especially because it works on so many devices (Computer, iPad, iPhone, Apple TV [which is attached to my Xbox]).

You should be able to watch NYCFC non-national games on the Fox Sports Go app, they have YES network on there. You need a cable subscription though.

Huh, hadn't thought of that... Still considering MLS Live for everything else though.

I had it for half of last season and it was worth it. There are some catches though. The big one is that if you're getting it to only watch NYCFC matches and live in the New York area don't bother. They won't show matches you couldn't see on TV anyway. I go up to Boston a lot though so for me it was totally worth it as I was able to see the YES network broadcasts via MLS Live. If you're generally interested in MLS matches then it's also worth it as you can see a lot of matches you'd otherwise miss.

I got it last year and it was great. Perfect for fantasy, and their condensed matches are great watching when keeping up with other teams in the league.

Huh, hadn't thought of that... Still considering MLS Live for everything else though.
I don't believe you can watch MSG on the app unless you have access to MSG as part of your cable package. In fact, if you have DIRECTV, you can't get MSG on the app even if you pay for it in your package.

I don't believe you can watch MSG on the app unless you have access to MSG as part of your cable package. In fact, if you have DIRECTV, you can't get MSG on the app even if you pay for it in your package.

MSG? The only MLS team that airs its matches on MSG plays in New Jersey.

I'm in Virginia, I bought it just so I could watch all the non-national NYCFC games. And it was nice to be able to go back and watch games again if I wanted to.

Wait, so every single MLS game is available as a replay 48 hours later?
Nope, just the national tv games. All others are available within a couple hours!

As for OP's question of it being worth it, if you live out of market it is absolutely worth it so you canwatch NYCFC. You can't watch on Fox Sports Go unless you have YES on your cable package, which you most likely do not, and if you do, it will probably be blacked out.

Also, you can still watch national tv games lives, albeit a little bit illegally. You can download the Hola VPN (or any other VPN with international options) and use a canadian or Mexican VPN. Then you can watch live! This is especially big because I do not have Unimas.

Reactions: Codz95 and Lasker
I was able to use a VPN to "surf from Canada" and watch all NYCFC games I couldn't see live (except against the Canadian teams) but they changed their system at the end of the season to keep me from doing that. I will renew any way but it went from being a no-brainer to something I had to think about.