Mls Live Worth It?

Great for watching condensed games before bed on the laptop, but AppleTV has an MLS app, that I think (I haven't tried yet) you can get MLS Live on. It'd be awesome if MLS had the rights to throw any and all preseason games on there after the fact.

AppleTV works great unless you are trying to pretend you aren't in NY to get around the blackout.

Reactions: gbservis and Ulrich
MLS Live all the way. The only thing you get with Direck Kick is live games. You don't get archives, condensed games, and PIP.

Well to be fair to Direct Kick, you can DVR the matches and watch them at your convenience. I know ideally a fan wants to watch the their team as its happening but that's not always possible with family, work etc.

Thanks for the info on MLS Live, guys. I'll have to check it out.

Is the blackout based on your home address? Or your IP address? Put another way, if I travel away from my home in the NY area, will the blackout follow me on the trip? Or can I watch because I am now outside the blackout zone.

Reactions: Victors87
Is the blackout based on your home address? Or your IP address? Put another way, if I travel away from my home in the NY area, will the blackout follow me on the trip? Or can I watch because I am now outside the blackout zone.
I was using a well known VPN to "surf from Canada" all season but the last couple of weeks (when I didn't care), it stopped working and I couldn't use it on MLS Live to watch blackout games any more. You should ask MLS.com before you buy. I don't know if they switched the blackout to my home address or whether it was based on the VPN IP address.

I don't specifically know with MLS Live, but generally these are based on where you are, not the billing address.

It's IP address. I'm in the Revs blackout area, but was able to watch matches when I VPN'd it.

IP address.

I've watched a pile of our matches on MLS Live when I've traveled up to the Boston area.

Reactions: Gotham Gator
I went to pay yesterday after mgarbowski mgarbowski reminded us, and it turns out my subscription was auto-renewal. Must have missed some fine-print when I ordered it last season. Others may be in the same boat and not realize it.

I let mine auto-renew at $65

edit: what JayH JayH said

Last edited:
The page literally and ambiguously says "Offer ends Feb. 22, 2016." I suppose that could be understood to mean yesterday was the last day it was available because it ended already at 12:01 today. Copy writers really should be more clear. "The last day you can take advantage of this offer is _____"

Reactions: JayH
The page literally and ambiguously says "Offer ends Feb. 22, 2016." I suppose that could be understood to mean yesterday was the last day it was available because it ended already at 12:01 today. Copy writers really should be more clear. "The last day you can take advantage of this offer is _____"

I am checking with them on this. You could make a technical argument that ending at 12:01am last night is "ending Feb 22", but that's not how most people would interpret it.

Here is what I just heard back. It is as mgarbowski mgarbowski anticipated. They told us we had until today, and then pulled the rug out from under us at midnight.

Greetings,

Thank you for your email.

We are sorry to hear of any confusion; the $64.99 offer expired on 2.22.16 at 12:00 a.m. Any purchases made after this time are not eligible for the reduced price of $64.99. The price of a new subscription is now $79.99.

Please let us know if we can assist you further.

Best regards,

MLS Live Support

That stinks. It's ambiguous enough that I made sure to get in last night when I posted here, but I think most people would understand it as including today.