Mls Live Worth It?

Might have been MLS Live reacting to your particular VPN. I bought MLS Live halfway through the season at discount and was able to use a VPN until the end of the season on my computer (though I couldn't get it to work on my iphone or ipad)

Reactions: Sabo
Might have been MLS Live reacting to your particular VPN. I bought MLS Live halfway through the season at discount and was able to use a VPN until the end of the season on my computer (though I couldn't get it to work on my iphone or ipad)
You could be right. We were already out of the playoffs when it happened so I didn't care that much but I will play around with it.

I could never get it to work with AppleTV or IPhone.

You could be right. We were already out of the playoffs when it happened so I didn't care that much but I will play around with it.

I could never get it to work with AppleTV or IPhone.
May be worth trying again next season as I was able to watch a ton of matches on my AppleTV. I have the app on my iPhone but haven't tried to watch an MLS Live match on it. Watched plenty of ESPN matches there though.

Does anyone know how it works on Chromecast? Do you have to access the content from a browser and then cast it, or is there some sort of App-based solution?

Nope, just the national tv games. All others are available within a couple hours!

As for OP's question of it being worth it, if you live out of market it is absolutely worth it so you canwatch NYCFC. You can't watch on Fox Sports Go unless you have YES on your cable package, which you most likely do not, and if you do, it will probably be blacked out.

Also, you can still watch national tv games lives, albeit a little bit illegally. You can download the Hola VPN (or any other VPN with international options) and use a canadian or Mexican VPN. Then you can watch live! This is especially big because I do not have Unimas.

That's what I was thinking originally. Thanks for clarifying!

If you don't care about all the bells and whistles that come with MLS Live and you just want to watch a game live, there are streams available with quite good video. However, I would never recommend you do anything that isn't 100% on the up and up. :rolleyes:

The "condensed" viewing feature was worth it. instead of watching the whole match, you watched 20-30 minute highlight version (similar to Match of the Day on NBC).

Those condensed matches cannot be praised enough. They're great for keeping up with what's going on around the league. The quality is much better than Fox Soccer 2 Go (or at least the last time I used it), WatchESPN, and fubo.tv. And at $65 for a whole season, believe me, if you're even vaguely interested in the wider world of MLS this is a steal. There was great relief when it was announced it would be back, and I expect much gnashing-of-teeth when/if it goes away in the future.

If you don't care about all the bells and whistles that come with MLS Live and you just want to watch a game live, there are streams available with quite good video. However, I would never recommend you do anything that isn't 100% on the up and up. :rolleyes:
Be careful - some of those renegade streams are dumping unwelcome stuff on your computer.....

Be careful - some of those renegade streams are dumping unwelcome stuff on your computer.....

Not if you are using NoScript, Adblock Plus, and Web of Trust extensions to avoid those buggers.

Not if you are using NoScript, Adblock Plus, and Web of Trust extensions to avoid those buggers.
true, but always zero-day type items to be wary of. good luck with it!

Is there of list which NYCFC will not be broadcast on MLS live?

Do we know who will broadcast the first game against chicago?

(I just cost the cord) and thinking of getting MLS Live.
Well, if you're in the New York area none of them will be live on MLS Live but we do get replays there I think 48 hours later. If you're outside of New York you'll be able to see all the YES matches live but not the nationally broadcast ones (ESPN, Univision, Fox, etc.).

Reactions: joe
So for an out of market guy.......

MLS Live or MLS Direct Kick (Comcast cable).

MLS Live all the way. The only thing you get with Direck Kick is live games. You don't get archives, condensed games, and PIP.

Kinda late to the party, but as an out-of-market fan, MLS Live is absolutely fantastic for me. I initially expected to just use it for NYCFC games, but as the season went on, I started to get more and more into the league, and used it quite a bit. Worth every penny, IMO.

Are you guys watching MLS Live on a TV or a laptop?

I hate watching sports on a laptop or on a phone.