MLS - May 1 - San Jose (Home)

started off slow but once maxi came on, we looked so much better going forward.

wasn't pretty but we turned it on in the last 25 and got it done.

wish we could have broken the record, but eh well. taty will be having nightmares about that chance! lol

here's hoping malte makes a quick recovery and gloster maintains or exceeds the level he showed today. proud he stepped up today.

Reactions: JCMore and Joe_Cos
I took my lunch break for the wrong half lol. 3 goals and 3 straight baby! Sitting 5th now but plenty of season left. Most goals scored with 2 less games played than some teams.

Just got home from Umich graduation. Game has been over a half hour and is completely unavailable on the YES app. Next time one of you has an urge to say there's no reason to complain about games not being on actual YES you should just assume I responded by calling you an a$$hole and told you to f~ck off because it is completely a worse experience. Oh, and I had to sign in again today. Just a sh!t alternative.

My bet today is a 4 leg parlay…
1. NYCFC winning at halftime
2. NYCFC win the match
3. Over 3.5 total goals scored
4. Taty scores

It’s about a +360.
I suppose winning the match is more important that winning the bet. And my bet was over at halftime, but how does Taty not put his two great chances away? The off the post from the Talles header and the ball from Maxi when the GK was all on the floor.

I told Ronny, the players need to be more selfish.

I suppose winning the match is more important that winning the bet. And my bet was over at halftime, but how does Taty not put his two great chances away? The off the post from the Talles header and the ball from Maxi when the GK was all on the floor.

MLS HQ investigation forthcoming. Someone, with an active bet, right in the ear of the manager and the fourth official?

Last edited:
Pereira is fun as hell. We said the same about Thiago early in his tenure before he tailed off, so hopefully GP keeps balling.

Team seemed asleep at the wheel early in the game, but we really wore down the Quakes over the 90 minutes. Deserved result. We play some really exciting stuff all over the pitch. This team is the most exciting in the league.

Pereira is fun as hell. We said the same about Thiago early in his tenure before he tailed off, so hopefully GP keeps balling.

Team seemed asleep at the wheel early in the game, but we really wore down the Quakes over the 90 minutes. Deserved result. We play some really exciting stuff all over the pitch. This team is the most exciting in the league.
Quakes were very compacted early in the match and we didn't do a lot playing through the middle until 60+. Ronny called them the best team we've played at Yankee Stadium this season. Philadelphia may object to that...

Reactions: danger
Quakes were very compacted early in the match and we didn't do a lot playing through the middle until 60+. Ronny called them the best team we've played at Yankee Stadium this season. Philadelphia may object to that...

Philadelphia wants an asterisk on Ronny’s statement that the Quakes are the best team that they’ve played at YS this season.

I think I see a big difference between Thiago and Gabriel. Idk what it is, but with Gabriel you can see a different type of intelligence of the game. Both his goals have been absolutely wonderfully placed, patient shots. It's like things slow down for him!

I think I see a big difference between Thiago and Gabriel. Idk what it is, but with Gabriel you can see a different type of intelligence of the game. Both his goals have been absolutely wonderfully placed, patient shots. It's like things slow down for him!
Thiago is pace. GP is skill.

That Taty is not aggressive enough is a take.

Really enjoyed the second half of this one. Even though the boys faced a lot of opposition in the first half, they never seemed to lose control. Who picked Gloster to score a goal? Not me that’s for sure lol. My only irk about the match was Joe Tolleson was messing up everyone’s names on the broadcast today to the point of hilarity.

This should have been a one-time hit. Instead, he takes a touch. I think this was a mistake. I know it's a very quick moment thing, but I think if Taty wants to raise his level he needs to up his decision making
1651454936240.png

By the time he gets to the second shot, everything has been massively closed down

1651454966338.png

I
This should have been a one-time hit. Instead, he takes a touch. I think this was a mistake. I know it's a very quick moment thing, but I think if Taty wants to raise his level he needs to up his decision making
View attachment 12029

By the time he gets to the second shot, everything has been massively closed down

View attachment 12030
that’s not the first time he’s done that. Three things stand out to me this year about Taty’s play
1. doesn’t want to shoot with his left
2. Taking a touch too many
3. A lot of flair; bicycle kicks (mostly kicking the opponent rather than the ball), rabona

Great win and although it took forever to score and we looked a little flat in the first half, I was never too concerned and figured we’d find a way to win.
Really impressed with GP. He has looked, and mostly been dangerous in the last three matches.
Shoutout to both Gloster and Tayvon, who IMHO both had solid, and maybe their best, matches yet. When Tayvon gets his swag on, as he did today, he really shines both ways. Gloster was playing really high and it worked(thanks to Mr. Callens for making that possible). His first touch is still suspect (even on the goal it was terrible but bounced well for him) but he played well today in general.
Thiago still scares me with his casualness — again: Good thing we have Callens.
Talles is just so good on the ball and in tight spaces. His final balls are not always great but he really wears defense down.
Cacha was the only one who really had a stinker today. More stupid giveaways in the middle of the park. I really want to like him but his football IQ is low.
And finally good to see Maxi in form.

I

that’s not the first time he’s done that. Three things stand out to me this year about Taty’s play
1. doesn’t want to shoot with his left
2. Taking a touch too many
3. A lot of flair; bicycle kicks (mostly kicking the opponent rather than the ball), rabona

Taking a touch too many - I think this is his main problem this year. I'd love to see him improve on that!

On to important things.

Streetbird. Hot bird sandwich. OMG best food I've ever had at YS. It will pain me to try other options in coming weeks. I just want more of this!

Halal Guys. Chicken platter. I was so excited for a healthier, gluten-free (for wifey) option. Really disappointing. Chicken was really bland. Better off grabbing from a cart outside and bringing in. Most likely, unfortunately, never again.

Oh. And the match was quite really pleasing.