MLS - May 17 - Orlando (Away)

"This game, I came in thinking less about scoring, and was just out there trying to play like a kid, rip some shots, and get one to go in." (Gabe Segal)

More of this, please. I think we've been too tight, thinking too much and not letting the game flow. Hopefully, going forward Nick will cut the boys loose a little more. They must have internalized our style of play by now. It's time to turn more towards motivation and lighting some fires.

If I had to guess, that's exactly what Thiago Martins was likely talking about post-game. "Let's get after it."

Reactions: Schwallacus
"I like [coach] and have defended him in previous times when the roster wasn't good enough or we had to rotate ...; but it's clear that the players aren't playing well and don't seem to know how to fix it. That type of situation is 100% on the coach and his words are either not connecting with the players or the words themselves aren't saying anything valuable."

"Had some moments, but man, [our forwards] both tried to make an extra touch in the box when they could have taken a shot. [Their] keeper looked shaky most of the night, but we just didn’t test him enough."

"But you’re point still stands 100%. They’re letting this team die from shit tactics and no ability to adjust in the second half of games. We can pass up to the edge of the final third all night long but god forbid we actually try and get in there. I do think we moved the ball a little faster than usual today, but that just means we’re at snail-pace instead of the usual glacier-pace. [Coach] has to go. The pieces of a quality team are there, he just can’t put it together."

All quotes from Orlando fans in their post-game Reddit thread.
Honestly, who even needs a Chat AI? Fans of every disappointing team just unwittingly copypasta the same material. There's probably 3 variants:

One for teams with a lot of talent that grossly underperforms.
One for truly bad teams with a severe lack of talent.
One for teams who can finish anywhere from the top 20% to 80% ranking in the table.

Orlando and NYCFC are currently in the last group and our complaints sound remarkably similar.

this is funny. but so true. tbf i think these are common topics fans and pundits like to pick on when teams are playing poorly. sometimes people are parroting and other times it's from actual analysis but these few things tend to come up (stat out of my butt) 80% of the time when a team plays poorly.

------------------------
we got our point and my initial feeling was correct after all. thank the birthday boy gabe segal! if this turns into a gudi freekick vs atlanta goal moment, that would be amazing. but i am not getting my hopes up just yet.

staying positive though that the next game will be the game that turns things around. whether this was it, time will tell.

"This game, I came in thinking less about scoring, and was just out there trying to play like a kid, rip some shots, and get one to go in." (Gabe Segal)

More of this, please. I think we've been too tight, thinking too much and not letting the game flow. Hopefully, going forward Nick will cut the boys loose a little more. They must have internalized our style of play by now. It's time to turn more towards motivation and lighting some fires.

If I had to guess, that's exactly what Thiago Martins was likely talking about post-game. "Let's get after it."

That turn-and-shoot move Segal did in the box where he missed the goal by about 6" was class. There are certainly flashes of ability there, if he can refine his movement and get better at finding gaps he could be a decent backup striker for us.

Reactions: KevinJRogers
That turn-and-shoot move Segal did in the box where he missed the goal by about 6" was class. There are certainly flashes of ability there, if he can refine his movement and get better at finding gaps he could be a decent backup striker for us.

we were all disappointed with taty when he first arrived. all he did was flop. lol maybe, just maybe... the soccer gods will grace us segal developing into a top striker? chances are slim, but there's maybe a chance?

Reactions: gbservis
Let’s hope the 16 year old is right with hus rumors and NYCFC can get a guy who scores some Frigan goals to split time with Segal

I stand by my general comments about Tayvon from the previous match (including that he hasn’t demonstrated any air ability - he was jumped over early on for what should have been a pretty easy clearance). He was pretty shaky early and shares most of the responsibility for the goal allowed (All three of him, Chanot and Martins should have done better though).

And while he’s not as much of a liability as some would have it (he actually broke lines a couple of time tonight), I agree that we are a better team with Ilenic starting. I hope he will be back in for the next match.

Good to steal a late point at Exploria. Congrats To Gabe. I’m also hoping that was a Gudi moment.

Reactions: Vallos
is it a coincidence that we got a point last night or....

uxcg4hfadx1bxnprdlbm.jpg

Let’s hope the 16 year old is right with hus rumors and NYCFC can get a guy who scores some Frigan goals to split time with Segal

According to Roberto Abramowitz they are going after a U22 and a "25 year old" TAM striker. which is what the nycfc source posted. He also mentioned that NYCFC tried to get Jovelic but the Galaxy said nah.

Reactions: moogoo
According to Roberto Abramowitz they are going after a U22 and a "25 year old" TAM striker. which is what the nycfc source posted. He also mentioned that NYCFC tried to get Jovelic but the Galaxy said nah.

jovelic would have been great. he doesn't get enough time there and nearly every time he comes on he's a beast with a point to prove. shame we couldn't get him.