MLS - May 17 - Orlando (Away)

We've played only five home games (4-0-1 record) and eight road games (0-5-3 record). 12 home games left in the regular season.

Despite our road-heavy schedule, we are five points off fourth place in the East. I know things look bleak whenever we go on the road, but we're going to pick up points with this homestand we have coming up.

That said, I really don't need to see Tayvon Gray starting anymore unless Mitja is injured. He's not at the level.

Great draw tonight. Good to see the fight in the second half. Even when we're not playing well, that was a good attitude to claw something back.

That said, I really don't need to see Tayvon Gray starting anymore unless Mitja is injured. He's not at the level.
I love Tayvon, but Ilenic is a much better right back. We're a much more balanced and dangerous side when he's out there. But hats off to Tay for his "get in your face" defending. He got caught in between on the goal we conceded, but other than that he was really, really good tonight.

He's just not much of a threat going forward, and everyone knows it. So, we get a little lopsided.

Reactions: Schwallacus
I saw Talles speaking with one of the coaches after the game. He looked.... a little annoyed. Exasperated. Which I found weird since they had just pulled out a last minute draw, on his assist. Wonder if the reported (and witnessed) unrest continues. Or maybe it was something totally unrelated.

This was right after the game, so I guess before the kumbaya circle.

I saw Talles speaking with one of the coaches after the game. He looked.... a little annoyed. Exasperated. Which I found weird since they had just pulled out a last minute draw, on his assist. Wonder if the reported (and witnessed) unrest continues. Or maybe it was something totally unrelated.

This was right after the game, so I guess before the kumbaya circle.

he was talkin to the brazilian coach we poached from philly. i'm sure he's frustrated. he's getting stuffed nearly every time he gets the ball. i even think his assist was meant to be a shot that he scuffed and segal pounced.

it's ok to be frustrated and he's young. he needs to learn the mental strength to get past it now.

Reactions: 413Blue and Gene
I believe that was the first time this year that the team has scored in the final 10 minutes of the game to get a result. Big moment.

in the last 19 days the team has been to Toronto, Charlotte, Cincinnati and Orlando in addition to having to go to NJ. That is one hard travel schedule, and can understand why the team rallied after coming back in this one. 10 days off and then another meat grinder: 3 top East teams in 7 days.

Reactions: KevinJRogers
"I like [coach] and have defended him in previous times when the roster wasn't good enough or we had to rotate ...; but it's clear that the players aren't playing well and don't seem to know how to fix it. That type of situation is 100% on the coach and his words are either not connecting with the players or the words themselves aren't saying anything valuable."

"Had some moments, but man, [our forwards] both tried to make an extra touch in the box when they could have taken a shot. [Their] keeper looked shaky most of the night, but we just didn’t test him enough."

"But you’re point still stands 100%. They’re letting this team die from shit tactics and no ability to adjust in the second half of games. We can pass up to the edge of the final third all night long but god forbid we actually try and get in there. I do think we moved the ball a little faster than usual today, but that just means we’re at snail-pace instead of the usual glacier-pace. [Coach] has to go. The pieces of a quality team are there, he just can’t put it together."

All quotes from Orlando fans in their post-game Reddit thread.
Honestly, who even needs a Chat AI? Fans of every disappointing team just unwittingly copypasta the same material. There's probably 3 variants:

One for teams with a lot of talent that grossly underperforms.
One for truly bad teams with a severe lack of talent.
One for teams who can finish anywhere from the top 20% to 80% ranking in the table.

Orlando and NYCFC are currently in the last group and our complaints sound remarkably similar.

Last edited:
"I like [coach] and have defended him in previous times when the roster wasn't good enough or we had to rotate ...; but it's clear that the players aren't playing well and don't seem to know how to fix it. That type of situation is 100% on the coach and his words are either not connecting with the players or the words themselves aren't saying anything valuable."

"Had some moments, but man, [our forwards] both tried to make an extra touch in the box when they could have taken a shot. [Their] keeper looked shaky most of the night, but we just didn’t test him enough."

"But you’re point still stands 100%. They’re letting this team die from shit tactics and no ability to adjust in the second half of games. We can pass up to the edge of the final third all night long but god forbid we actually try and get in there. I do think we moved the ball a little faster than usual today, but that just means we’re at snail-pace instead of the usual glacier-pace. [Coach] has to go. The pieces of a quality team are there, he just can’t put it together."

All quotes from Orlando fans in their post-game Reddit thread.
Honestly, who even needs a Chat AI? Fans of every disappointing team just copypasta the same material. There's probably 3 variants:

One for teams with a lot of talent that grossly underperforms.
One for truly bad teams with a severe lack of talent.
One for teams who can finish anywhere from the top 20% to 80% ranking in the table.

Orlando and NYCFC are currently in the last group and our complaints sound remarkably similar.
definitely read the first quote thinking it was talking about nycfc.........