MLS - May 22 - Chicago (Home)

I don't think he's going to get back to his previous level. He'll still be a good player, just a massive dropoff from Taty.
On the other hand he cleared two defensive corners on clean headers. And was part of many pretty combinations. He may not be the scoring machine he was in 19 again but he was far from a liability.

Reactions: Kjbert
I can't quite tell why we are not conceding -- probably a little luck, a little more skill, and some tactics I don't understand, but 450+ ain't too shabby!

He doesn’t know it, but @
Seth
Seth crossed right in front of my car at 114th Street and 34th Avenue after the game.
<shivers up my spine as I feel mysterious eyeballs on me>

Future Father-in-laws comment around the 75th minute “they don’t seem to have the creativity around the final third” my response, “They are missing Taty”
I may be in the minority but I don’t think they are that much better in being creative in the final third with Taty. I feel the either try and cram the ball into tight spaces or pull back and try and set something up that allows the opponent to bring more defenders back. It’s strange to me because they show (I thought especially today) really nice quick passing combos (usually around the midfield) At times I thought they looked freaking spectacular but not so much in the final third or in finishing.

Thoughts on Shakira? Dude seemed good at selling fouls to the ref. Maybe he had an off day, maybe we contained him well, but it looked like money not so well spent.

11 players on the pitch. The only team sport where one guy alone can’t change everything himself. Other guys on Chicago had chances. Tbey whiffed

Reactions: Gotham Gator
They only listed 18,823 as the attendance, but the crowd looked really good. I would have thought well over 20,000. At the very least, great to see much fewer no-shows.

Not the cleanest game, but hard to do it in this kind of heat -- pretty gritty performance.

Five straight clean sheets, 6-0-1 in the last 7, and 1 SOG allowed over the last 3 games. This team is really good.

They only listed 18,823 as the attendance, but the crowd looked really good. I would have thought well over 20,000. At the very least, great to see much fewer no-shows.

Not the cleanest game, but hard to do it in this kind of heat -- pretty gritty performance.

Five straight clean sheets, 6-0-1 in the last 7, and 1 SOG allowed over the last 3 games. This team is really good.

It felt awesome today. Great crowd, and the trumpet guy really got the entire crowd clapping very often. There were some moments towards the end of the game that were nice and loud.

I hold by my statement that the smaller Citi bowl means people are closer together, so it's actually a way better sound design for sparser crowds. We should do the same at Yankee stadium, close the second bowl. First bowl will sound louder.

Was great to see mgarbowski mgarbowski and FootyLovin FootyLovin , and maybe the last time in a while (unless wednesday...) SoupInNYC SoupInNYC !

It felt awesome today. Great crowd, and the trumpet guy really got the entire crowd clapping very often. There were some moments towards the end of the game that were nice and loud.

I hold by my statement that the smaller Citi bowl means people are closer together, so it's actually a way better sound design for sparser crowds. We should do the same at Yankee stadium, close the second bowl. First bowl will sound louder.

Was great to see mgarbowski mgarbowski and FootyLovin FootyLovin , and maybe the last time in a while (unless wednesday...) SoupInNYC SoupInNYC !

It is unquestionably a better atmosphere in virtually every way than Yankee Stadium. If Citi Field were our primary home, would there be as much fan revolt over the stadium situation? There would be some, but nowhere near what it is.

Forum name-drop:
Fantastic hanging with you guys pregame, glad we were able to have a few more beers before I head to another time zone. Fingers crossed I can make it Wednesday night too.

And I even got a YES Network shoutout on the broadcast that made the highlight package.

<shivers up my spine as I feel mysterious eyeballs on me>
How do you think I felt seeing you emerge from the tree line in the middle of nowhere as I took a route I've never taken before and didn't previously even know existed?

Seriously though, are you able to walk to games at Citi field?