Mls Salary Information Via Players Union

Seriously hope it's front-loaded, but it's hard to imagine that anyone would structure a contract to make half a season his highest paid season overall of the contract. I think it's a pretty safe estimate that he'll be making at least Nemec money, if not closer to 400k a year.
Certainly sounds like we're currently overvaluing some overseas talent right now. I don't know anything about him his highlight video looks awesome so hopefully he's a cornerstone type of player.

Reactions: Kjbert
I guess it's that time again when this team makes me ill. The Tefu news on top of Nemec's salary, on top of paying Frank for 60% of a season he didn't play...WOW
Ding ding ding.
We're paying Andrea for half the season but we're paying Frank the full salary when we should be paying him for half. How are we paying him 6 mil if he joined us in July? The FO sock puppets claimed he had never signed with us. Shouldn't Man City have been paying his salary for half the season?

Ding ding ding.
We're paying Andrea for half the season but we're paying Frank the full salary when we should be paying him for half. How are we paying him 6 mil if he joined us in July? The FO sock puppets claimed he had never signed with us. Shouldn't Man City have been paying his salary for half the season?

Good point. WTF?

Ding ding ding.

For Frank, it doesn't really matter whether payment for the first half came from us, from Man City or from the Sheik of Arabique. The key is that we only took a cap hit for 1/2 of the league maximum.

For Frank, it doesn't really matter whether payment for the first half came from us, from Man City or from the Sheik of Arabique. The key is that we only took a cap hit for 1/2 of the league maximum.
The point is the fucking guy better get on the fucking field and produce I was ok with him extending his loan I get it trying to win another championship... whatever not happy but I get it. But now this is getting ridiculous. Get on the field score goals help us win this year.

Reactions: Drainyoo
At this point Calle at $225,750 guaranteed salary I don't see NYCFC extending his loan or buying his rights. He's injured too much and needs to really make an impact this last half of the year to stick around. #Nemec&KwameOut

Ding ding ding.
The interesting about this, according to this article, Gerrard and Dos Santos are getting paid a ton too for the second half. I'm really not sure what to think though, because Pirlo is on this list at $2.31m.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...07/17/the-top-20-mls-player-salaries-in-2015/

So adding it up, I get our salaries at 4.45 million counting frank and pirlo as 212 vs the cap for half year DPs and Mix at 425 assuming he was bought down to there. We don't know how much allocation money we have to buy down our cap hit, but the cap is 3.3 million this year.

pretty sure it would be lower than that since only the first 20 roster slots count towards the cap.

The interesting about this, according to this article, Gerrard and Dos Santos are getting paid a ton too for the second half. I'm really not sure what to think though, because Pirlo is on this list at $2.31m.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...07/17/the-top-20-mls-player-salaries-in-2015/

I don't think DP salaries should be read into too much. The league counts everything over $450k the exact same, so who cares how it's structured.

It's entirely possible that CFG drafted a budget last year that included Lampard on NYCFC at $6MM, so they just paid him $6MM, and MCFC paid him nothing. Or he gets $6MM this year because we already wrote him into the budget, and they'll just reduce his number to $3MM next year.

Point is, it doesn't really matter. It's the guys under $1MM that I care about, to see their allocation money cost and their cap hit.

That said, seeing some of these contract that are under $1MM, I'm starting to question whether we have a true "cap guru" on staff. My other team is the Green Bay Packers, and one of the major reasons they've been such a class organization since the early 90's is they've had the league's premier salary cap experts on staff. (Well, also having back-to-back HOF quarterbacks was important too, but I digress.) Cap management is REALLY important, and it seems like we are just completely winging it in year one. Yikes.

I don't think DP salaries should be read into too much. The league counts everything over $450k the exact same, so who cares how it's structured.

It's entirely possible that CFG drafted a budget last year that included Lampard on NYCFC at $6MM, so they just paid him $6MM, and MCFC paid him nothing. Or he gets $6MM this year because we already wrote him into the budget, and they'll just reduce his number to $3MM next year.

Point is, it doesn't really matter. It's the guys under $1MM that I care about, to see their allocation money cost and their cap hit.

That said, seeing some of these contract that are under $1MM, I'm starting to question whether we have a true "cap guru" on staff. My other team is the Green Bay Packers, and one of the major reasons they've been such a class organization since the early 90's is they've had the league's premier salary cap experts on staff. (Well, also having back-to-back HOF quarterbacks was important too, but I digress.) Cap management is REALLY important, and it seems like we are just completely winging it in year one. Yikes.
It's hard to really say, so far. We inherited so many contracts that it's not easy to say that they would have negotiated them this way given the choice. Given another transfer window or two, I'd expect a lot of these bad contracts to fly off the books.

If you're talking about some of the international contracts though, I totally agree with you. Outside of the Iraola contract, there are some obnoxious salaries (by MLS standards) for the overseas guys.

The issue that you run into is that for a guy in the Manchester City FO, getting a guy like Mix for 750k seems like a bargain. In MLS, that's a contract that might hamstring you, even though he's a really nice player.

Edit: It sort of does speak, though, to having a first time GM in Reyna. I like Reyna, but you really want a guy running the FO that has a ton of experience with this stuff. You can't just throw money at a roster in MLS to win, even if having money helps.

Reactions: FootyLovin
Ok so I ran some un-adjusted cap numbers on the guaranteed portion of the salaries. Note this does not take into account the portion of each salary that is subject to the salary cap as this is not disclosed.

Mix 750,000.00
Villa 436,250.00 - DP
Lampard 436,250.00 - DP
Pirlo 436,250.00 - DP
Nemec 332,500.00
Calle 225,750.00
Grabavoy 215,000.00
Wingert 215,000.00
Iraola 200,004.00
Mena 200,000.00
Hernandez 185,000.00
Jacobson 150,000.00
Brovsky 129,125.00
Williams 125,000.00
Facey 120,000.00
Mullins 110,000.00
Saunders 90,000.00
Shelton 87,500.00
Ballouchy 83,250.00
Watson-Siriboe 81,666.67

Cap Hit Without Adjustment 4,608,545.67
2015 Salary Cap 3,490,000.00
Difference (1,118,545.67)

Salaries that are below the top 20 salaries there for are not accounted for in the salary cap
Meara 72,913.00
McNamara 71,500.00
Alvarez 63,045.09
Poku 63,045.09
Allen 60,000.00
Angelino 60,000.00
Velasquez 60,000.00
Johansen 50,000.04
Brandt 50,000.00
Taylor 84,375.00 - IR does not count towards cap

Reactions: Paul and Kjbert