Mls To Increase Tam And Homegrown Spending

Does this mean much if the salary cap isn't increased, as well?
This is outside the salary cap. So for example if a player makes 1.2mil you can use 800k to buy his salary down below dp threshold and only 400k would count against the cap. So in theory it increases the cap.

Reactions: Vallos and Kjbert
This is outside the salary cap. So for example if a player makes 1.2mil you can use 800k to buy his salary down below dp threshold and only 400k would count against the cap. So in theory it increases the cap.
But TAM can only be used on anything above the ~400k mark, right?

So how exactly does this impact NYCFC? Does it apply to Mix and then free up general allocation money to be used on others, or can we use it to sign a new player over the DP threshold? I'm guessing this isn't going to help us get a new player but will instead help with Mix and Iraola

Reactions: mgarbowski
So how exactly does this impact NYCFC? Does it apply to Mix and then free up general allocation money to be used on others, or can we use it to sign a new player over the DP threshold? I'm guessing this isn't going to help us get a new player but will instead help with Mix and Iraola
We have enough to buy Down Mix's deal get a good young CB and maybe sign Poku to a DP-lite deal at the end of next season or sometime this season.

Hopefully they bring in someone young... I don't want another old player.

Reactions: Gene
But TAM can only be used on anything above the ~400k mark, right?
Yeah it has to be to get someone who would otherwise be a DP. You can't spread it around to other players to raise your cap.

Yeah it has to be to get someone who would otherwise be a DP. You can't spread it around to other players to raise your cap.
Gotcha. So that would mean finding room for 400k in salaries and then getting a 1.2mil player out of it -- either way, it's going to be another 400k player, and you still have to round out your roster under the same cap limit. Wish they just raised the cap :(

a-lot-of-money.gif

Live video of NYCFC front office