Mls To Use Tracking....

Good Idea?

• Yes

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters
Could that be any more intrusive? Why do they need a giant logo in addition to the player's name (they have jersey's on), and why is it opaque?

A simple name tag with a transparent background would be okay. Otherwise, way too distracting.

I think them "dumbing" down the game in anyway is going to be a bad move. They need to realize that a majority of people that are into MLS were first into another league, and even if not and someone is just joining after this years world cup those floating boxes are horrible. At the very least make it in a way so if I hit CC or something it will turn off.

I think them "dumbing" down the game in anyway is going to be a bad move. They need to realize that a majority of people that are into MLS were first into another league, and even if not and someone is just joining after this years world cup those floating boxes are horrible. At the very least make it in a way so if I hit CC or something it will turn off.

what exactly is 'dumbing down' the game here?

i preface that question with this: the more explanatory soccer telecasts are in the US, the better. although soccer is a growing sport, it's still has a very limited following. broadcasts really need to be presented w/ that in mind. the goal is to grow the sport, after all.

Reactions: Capt.Tsubasa
I'm all for ANYTHING that will get more people watching and more interested in pro soccer in the US.

If you have to compete with basketball, football, baseball and hockey, you need anything to make you stand out.

Reactions: Capt.Tsubasa
The way it's been done in that clip is still "beta phase" stuff IMHO. Like any technology it takes some time to work out what works best. Once it becomes a bit more sophisticated and seamless I could really see this improving the watching experience. But for the purists there should still be an on/off option like for subtitles.