Mls Week 1 Matchday Thread

DeafeningUnsungAnt.gif

Reactions: Vito and NYCFCFan10
Lol, some first time MLSers?

1) The channel you might have been looking for is Univision Deportes, not Unimas. There's an Xbox One app that streams the games as well.

2) If you download "tunnel bear" and turn it on (it defaults to Canada) then start MLS Live, you'll be able to get the stream started (as long as it isn't on TSN as well) then shut off tunnel bear when the stream starts and your good for the entire game.

3) Game was sold out but 1) Carson, California 2) weekday game, people always find their seats at least half hour after kickoff.

Last edited:
I watched LA-CHI .
Watching this match,
I can say: "To win this League are needed :
1)A good playmaker on midfield.
2)Two good wings."
But I have watched just this MLS's game in my life, I'll wait it for a definitive thought, anyway.

I checked Univision anyway. Got mixed up afterwards. Don't have it.
I'm sure the MLS Live app will pay off regardless.

Reactions: SFphoto
A great line-up of games today:

DC United - Montreal
Philadelphia - Colorado
Vancouver - Toronto
Houston - Columbus
Dallas - San Jose
Portland - Salt Lake

I'm going with a Montreal win, draw for Philly, Vancouver win, Columbus win, Dallas win, and draw for Portland.

No national game today, so those of us without MLS Live are s-o-l. Odd that the league set themselves up with a couple of nice national tv contracts, but nothing for a Saturday. Or am I wrong about that?

Reactions: Kjbert
No national game today, so those of us without MLS Live are s-o-l. Odd that the league set themselves up with a couple of nice national tv contracts, but nothing for a Saturday. Or am I wrong about that?
I think it was supposed to be more of an experiment.

Saturday would have been WatchESPN day but ESPN couldn't get it together in time or something. Don't forget, MLS has the youngest demographic of any sport in the country and several cord-cutters. I think MLS and ESPN differed on how exactly the masses were going to watch it on the WatchESPN app.

Time Warner is offering MLS Direct Kick for free this weekend and next. Not sure if the other providers are doing the same.

Reactions: Gene and NYCFCFan10
You get X amount of points for being a STH (amongst other things) and you can trade them in exchange for various items. One was a free subscription to MLS Live, but I believe they were all snapped up.

A great line-up of games today:

DC United - Montreal
Philadelphia - Colorado
Vancouver - Toronto
Houston - Columbus
Dallas - San Jose
Portland - Salt Lake

I'm going with a Montreal win, draw for Philly, Vancouver win, Columbus win, Dallas win, and draw for Portland.
I'm going:
DC win, Philly win, Vancouver/Toronto draw, Columbus win, Dallas win and RSL win

Time Warner is offering MLS Direct Kick for free this weekend and next. Not sure if the other providers are doing the same.
DirecTV has it free this weekend as well. CHs 471-76.

Am I correct in understanding that the TV service provider version called Direct Kick, and the streaming version MLS Live are wholly separate? So if you buy from TimeWarner or DirecTV, etc, you can't stream, and if you buy the streaming, you can't watch on your TV except via a device that supports the streaming? And if you wanted both it would be $150?