Mls Week 1 Matchday Thread

How could you not be a believer? He has scored any time he's had a team that played to his strengths. He also scored about every other game as a 17-18 year old at red bull.

He's a good striker, but his game isn't suited to EPL unless he would have had the chance to be on an actual EPL level team with decent footballing approach. Had he been the one that got to Swansea, we'd not be seeing him here now.

Reactions: Kjbert and Vito
Honestly, why wouldn't Klinsmann be happy with Jozy in MLS?

He's in a leadership role
He's playing with Bradley
He's playing full-time every game
He's growing his confidence and scoring goals.

I think that is all better than sitting on the bench in a tougher league. That's just me.

So who is watching Col-Hou and who is in for FCD-Sj?

Wish it were fcd-col. Would be a much better match.

Gotta go with FCD - SJ I guess.

Houston/Columbus for me.

Don't think San Jose ate that good. Columbus is a dark horse for Supporters Shield.

Houston looked good in preseason, so thats my game.

I think that is all better than sitting on the bench in a tougher league. That's just me.
I agree with this.

Now I'm rethinking what game I should watch.

Jozy at Toronto is 10x better from a USMNT team perspective than Jozy at Sunderland. He gets a chance to play every week, score goals, and get his confidence up while being a team leader.

Reactions: Kjbert
Been watching matches since last night and my brain is getting a tad fried, so I'm taking a break. I'd like to take in the Portland-RSL game, but an early wakeup call tomorrow morning and losing an hour might squash that idea. oy

Reactions: NYCFCFan10
The Columbus/Houston game first half was very fun. Some tense moments but no goals.

Columbus can really hold the ball when they want to. NYCFC/Columbus could be very interesting as both teams demand possession...

Reactions: Kjbert
Portland is just awesome. Got goosebumps when they sang the national anthem

Houston stole one from Columbus. Columbus hugely unlucky not to get a point in that game...