Mls Will Air Two Games A Week On Sky Sports In The Uk

I assume this has something to do with the ridiculous decision to block mlssoccer.com video highlights to GB viewers. Found out this morning after clicking on highlights for the season opener. I was going to keep up more with highlights this season (if not so much live MLS games NYCFC aside) and this certainly hasn't made it more convenient. I guess youtube and streams will have to suffice now unless I get full Sky Sports package anytime soon. Assuming of course that Sky Sports probably have the common sense to provide a highlights show .
Someone posted something about a location application which spoofs your current location to one in the US. There is a 7 day trial. I believe it was in the MLS Week 1 Matchday thread. I'd dig for you but am at work.
Also @Michael. Mellamphy pointed out that the NYCFC away game played during a Yankee home game will be on tape delay BUT there is a chance SkySports could be airing it live.

They post the same highlights to youtube....

Every video on their site is on youtube.

They post the same highlights to youtube....

Every video on their site is on youtube.
They usually do the same on YouTube. If they restrict it to US/Canada only on their website they typically do that on YouTube. Obviously I don't live in the UK so I can't answer for that being the case or not.

They usually do the same on YouTube. If they restrict it to US/Canada only on their website they typically do that on YouTube. Obviously I don't live in the UK so I can't answer for that being the case or not.
Yeah, I was waiting to hear if that makes a difference or not.

Just tried tunnelbear set to UK and the Youtube video DOES work, so there's that.

Well the thought did occur to me that it could be on Youtube. That's actually from the LA Galaxy site it does not look like its on the MLS youtube account yet. Could have sworn I clicked a highlights video that was also blocked on Youtube earlier but anyway...not concerned about finding the highlights. Just that it would have been rather more convenient to make them accessible on the main site. Guess that would be too much common sense which MLS seems to be lacking at times. Nothing more so than the idiotic first fixture arrangement.

Well the thought did occur to me that it could be on Youtube. That's actually from the LA Galaxy site it does not look like its on the MLS youtube account yet. Could have sworn I clicked a highlights video that was also blocked on Youtube earlier but anyway...not concerned about finding the highlights. Just that it would have been rather more convenient to make them accessible on the main site. Guess that would be too much common sense which MLS seems to be lacking at times. Nothing more so than the idiotic first fixture arrangement.
Rights agreements and such. They're a complicated thing.

Is it true that Americans get more BPL games on TV than you do in the UK? EVERY game is on television here.

If you decide to use NOW Tv for this make sure you have Microsoft Silverlight installed. Oh and turn off pop up blocker, allow popups (for that specific website) and you probably shouldn't use an incognito browser either. Other than those general annoyances everything should work fine. The weekly pass isnt much more than the day pass though it is unfortunate timing as purchasing a weekly pass today won't cover next Sunday evening.

Is it true that Americans get more BPL games on TV than you do in the UK? EVERY game is on television here.

Yes. You get it cheaper, too. Many countries show the PL on free channels, and those which don't still don't charge huge amounts for it. Over here, to get access to Sky Sports to view most of the games you have to buy a subscription worth at least £40-50 per month. Then to get the other games which are on BT Sport you need to pay a further £15/month. Most people will only sub to one of the two, of course, but that's still more than the price of a season ticket for some clubs, all things told, to only be given access to about half the games.

Reactions: Kjbert
Falastur Falastur All kidding aside, it sounds similar to how expensive it is in the USA to get every game for American Football. But at least in the USA, if you buy the DirectTV package for NFL (Sunday Ticket) you do get EVERY game.

I was always told that the reason they do all of that over there is to get more people to attend the games. Is that true?

Falastur Falastur All kidding aside, it sounds similar to how expensive it is in the USA to get every game for American Football. But at least in the USA, if you buy the DirectTV package for NFL (Sunday Ticket) you do get EVERY game.

I was always told that the reason they do all of that over there is to get more people to attend the games. Is that true?

Yes. There's a PL rule that says no 3pm Saturday kick-off is allowed to be televised in order to prevent TV from killing matchday attendance. On top of that, that slot is the only one where more than one match can be played at once and the league strictly restricts what slots the TV companies can arrange games to be played at, so in essence, half the games are forcibly untelevised as the restricted TV schedule means they have to be played during the "no TV allowed" period.

Sky Sports announced MLS fixtures:
Sunday 15th March
NYCFC vs New England
Portland vs LA Galaxy

Saturday 21st March
Colorado Rapids vs NYCFC

Sunday 22nd March
Red Bulls vs DC United

Saturday 28th March
DC United vs LA Galaxy

Sunday 29th March
Chicago Fire vs Philly Union

(GW1 they showed NYCFC vs Orlando and Red Bulls vs SKC)

That's a pretty entertaining schedule. Although there's a good chance that Chicago v Philadelphia match will be a snoozefest.