Montreal - Postmatch

What kills me about that trade and lack of playing time, is that Awuah was a 4year dependable player for a solid team, and he's being overlooked for guys like Lopez or Stertzer or the two that won't be named. I'm not trying to turn this into a player by player evaluation, but it's crazy that a guy who captained his college team (2 years?), and played regularly all four, can't sniff any minutes in a midfield that was decimated by injuries this year. Id love to know what the beef is with him.

Reactions: Kjbert
What kills me about that trade and lack of playing time, is that Awuah was a 4year dependable player for a solid team, and he's being overlooked for guys like Lopez or Stertzer or the two that won't be named. I'm not trying to turn this into a player by player evaluation, but it's crazy that a guy who captained his college team (2 years?), and played regularly all four, can't sniff any minutes in a midfield that was decimated by injuries this year. Id love to know what the beef is with him.

I think it's due to his size. He's very small for a DM and possibly the role that Vieira wants him to be playing compared to a Ring or Herrera. Sands is similar as he'll need to bulk up with age.

Reactions: Kjbert
I think it's due to his size. He's very small for a DM and possibly the role that Vieira wants him to be playing compared to a Ring or Herrera. Sands is similar as he'll need to bulk up with age.
Your really wrote that with a straight face? Have you seen in person how small Lopez is? If a guy can ball then he can ball regardless of height/stature. Dax isn't very big and hes very effective. Ring isn't big either and he's a beast.

Reactions: Mario and Marito
I'd like to THANK one Mr JGarrettLieb for what best can be called the "Greatest Quote" in all of human kind !!
(Embrace The Suck ) I wanna see Red Baseball Caps with that in white letters . This is something I sure can Live by ! Sort of a mouth full if you will , and when a certain Italian with a God Given perfect ass like a statue this way of life is endlessly wonderful....But our Spanish King may have those gorgeous brown eyes that stare a hole through your sole it's his seat that's not as sweet with droopy draws . Well when one play's their ass off on the pitch every time somethings got to give !! :p:p:D:D;);)

I'd like to THANK one Mr JGarrettLieb for what best can be called the "Greatest Quote" in all of human kind !!
(Embrace The Suck ) I wanna see Red Baseball Caps with that in white letters . This is something I sure can Live by ! Sort of a mouth full if you will , and when a certain Italian with a God Given perfect ass like a statue this way of life is endlessly wonderful....But our Spanish King may have those gorgeous brown eyes that stare a hole through your sole it's his seat that's not as sweet with droopy draws . Well when one play's their ass off on the pitch every time somethings got to give !! :p:p:D:D;);)

Amazon has everything you need:
https://smile.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_s...=embrace+the+suck&rh=i:aps,k:embrace+the+suck

Reactions: JGarrettLieb
he played well last night. People need to take off their blinders and give him credit when he does well.
He has had a 2 of his better appearances recently.

But it just goes to show how wack PV is. Shelton is still nowhere near as good as Lewis, and you can’t make me believe otherwise. PV seems to judge players and award playing time on some relative scale that combines how hard you run in practice(!) and how close to the best version of himself any player is.

That’s a fucked way to make lineup decisions.

Last edited:
Reactions: mgarbowski
particularly on TV when you can't often see most of the field.
Funny. I think remember making the opposite argument about how obvious it was he sucked when I was the minority report on him being useless, ie, you can’t appreciate how poor his tracking was if you aren’t seeing him in the stadium and you really can’t see how much his lack of athleticism just kills any chance to be a useful two way player. I would bet it was 2016.

Guess I’m lucky to live long enough to be the villain.

Funny. I think remember making the opposite argument about how obvious it was he sucked when I was the minority report on him being useless, ie, you can’t appreciate how poor his tracking was if you aren’t seeing him in the stadium and you really can’t see how much his lack of athleticism just kills any chance to be a useful two way player. I would bet it was 2016.

Guess I’m lucky to live long enough to be the villain.
You're not wrong. When we've played him as a winger, which, given his athleticism, is laughable, I can think of specific goals where he didn't track his fullback and it resulted in a goal. Orlando at Yankee Stadium when we played in the Parley kits, as an example.

I didn't go to college in the States, but people tell me that college soccer is a different soccer. In other words, his performances at UConn may not map well to MLS.

You're not wrong. When we've played him as a winger, which, given his athleticism, is laughable, I can think of specific goals where he didn't track his fullback and it resulted in a goal. Orlando at Yankee Stadium when we played in the Parley kits, as an example.
So he does a good job of marking space as a CDM now. Cool. So does a a big orange traffic barrel, and that's about 160, not 160k.

Your really wrote that with a straight face? Have you seen in person how small Lopez is? If a guy can ball then he can ball regardless of height/stature. Dax isn't very big and hes very effective. Ring isn't big either and he's a beast.

N'Golo Kanté is tiny. And he's currently the best DM in the world, hands down.

I didn't go to college in the States, but people tell me that college soccer is a different soccer. In other words, his performances at UConn may not map well to MLS.
We have Mr Ray Reed a UConn and college legend who by rights should have coached The Mens US team ! We sure as Hell didn't need a German who was part of a team that bent straight over with open but cheeks waiting for My Italians to Fuck the Shit out of in 06 World Cup campaign , As to this Bruce Arena throw that Fkn Elephant a peanut !

I rewatched the condensed version of this match. Damn, check out the 4 minutes highlights. Wallace and Shelton missed huge chances. Villa missed three.

Again, put away our goals in 2018.