More News About Lampard, Also Talk Of Nycfc Using Mcfc Training Facilities.

A training in Manchester is a good idea, I think. MCFC has ready facilities, giving NYCFC time to finish their digs before March. Not to mention MCFC will have better facilities, plus plenty of English teams would, I think, accept a check to play a friendly against NYCFC which would be better competition than available in the states.

Reactions: Paul and Kjbert
I'm all for training in Manchester. Brand new $300 Million facility. If it is good enough for MCFC, it's good enough for NYCFC. In fact, I would be OK with training there every offseason until a permanent training ground is built here. It's nice to have the SUNY Campus facility for the time being, but not a real off-season.

Training at some crappy college ground vs going to England to train at some of the best facilities in the world. It's a no brainer.

Reactions: Kjbert
Training at some crappy college ground vs going to England to train at some of the best facilities in the world. It's a no brainer.
Well unless its snowing that week in Manchester versus sunny 70 degrees nice grass fields in Florida. ;)

article-0-11963528000005DC-799_634x397.jpg

NewSoccerField.jpg

Eh. They are preparing to play in NYC in March. A little cold might not be that bad.
Its not the worse situation. My comment was of the "devils advocate" nature. I have no problem with NYCFC going to multi-million $ EPL facility.

I hope they do play at least a few MLS teams in preseason though. Game Day #1 isn't the best time to meet your first MLS opposition.

Realistically, it's not that cold in the UK during winter. It's actually becoming more of a rare event for it even to snow at any point during the year (when it does snow, we barely get an inch), and most days the temperature during the day will be above 0 Celsius (32F). It's cold, sure, but not really that cold. Thanks to the Gulf Stream keeping us in temperate climes all-year-round, it's probably warmer in the UK than it is in NYC for the first three months of the year.

So is it correct that EVERY team in MLS trains in tropical climates pre season as this article presumably implies?

http://www.capitalnewyork.com/article/media/2014/10/8555306/nycfc-has-premier-league-problem

Eiether that or its outright ignorance since NY is hardly tropical and has more rainfall than London. As if the weather should be an issue anyway.

Once again why pick NYC if there aren't major intentions. The owners could have chosen anywhere with less pressure. The biggest insult is to Kreis who presumably must be an idiot to this author and other detractors for being "tricked" into joining with false promises.

Anyway lets not turn this into a relentless "bash the media" forum like some that have countless threads whining about journalists and pundits. Making a point now and then is enough.

Hope there's a way I can send a package containing my feces to a lot of people when NYCFC ends up being a top 3 club in MLS. Everyone is getting their shots in today since Chivas is officially gone.

So is it correct that EVERY team in MLS trains in tropical climates pre season as this article presumably implies?

http://www.capitalnewyork.com/article/media/2014/10/8555306/nycfc-has-premier-league-problem

Eiether that or its outright ignorance since NY is hardly tropical and has more rainfall than London. As if the weather should be an issue anyway.

Once again why pick NYC if there aren't major intentions. The owners could have chosen anywhere with less pressure. The biggest insult is to Kreis who presumably must be an idiot to this author and other detractors for being "tricked" into joining with false promises.

Anyway lets not turn this into a relentless "bash the media" forum like some that have countless threads whining about journalists and pundits. Making a point now and then is enough.

I think it's a little ambitious for Mr. Megdal to compare the MLS and Premiere League ratings on NBC. He even writes that there is only 2 weeks left on the MLS deal with NBC. Them not caring about their lame duck deal and moving forward and promoting their money maker the deal with EPL. It will be interesting to see the growth in ratings in a year from now seeing that the promotional beast that is ESPN is on board.

As for moving to Manchester that is a non issue for me. He rants about nonsense, who knows the training grounds in Purchase may not even be complete. Even if they are training in Manchester will be much better for the players they will have more resources available to them. I pay no attention to this article.

Reactions: D_RoyJenkins
I think it's a little ambitious for Mr. Megdal to compare the MLS and Premiere League ratings on NBC. He even writes that there is only 2 weeks left on the MLS deal with NBC. Them not caring about their lame duck deal and moving forward and promoting their money maker the deal with EPL. It will be interesting to see the growth in ratings in a year from now seeing that the promotional beast that is ESPN is on board.

As for moving to Manchester that is a non issue for me. He rants about nonsense, who knows the training grounds in Purchase may not even be complete. Even if they are training in Manchester will be much better for the players they will have more resources available to them. I pay no attention to this article.
Its an opinion piece, think the guys a RB fan

Makes perfect sense for NYCFC to have pre-season in Manchester, Melbourne City did.

There are plenty of competitive sides in or around the Manchester area that could help the team's development:
Bolton, Wigan, Blackburn (Championship), Oldham, Rochdale, Crewe (League 1), Bury (League 2), Hyde, Macclesfield, Stockport, Stalybridge Celtic, Altrincham (Conference)
plus possibly Man City EDS (reserves) or the under 18s.

It gives the players a chance to train at (possibly) the best new training facility in Europe, and will probably get to learn from the experienced MCFC players and coaches like Pellegrini, Vieira, Kidd, Kompany, Toure, Silva, Aguero, Sagna etc.

If Man City are depending on Frank Lampard, then he's the best player to ever step foot in MLS.

These guys won the BPL last year and are in UCL. If he's that important, then we have a steal

Also, I don't want our guys anywhere near Toure.

I understand and like the idea of training with MCFC. I would like to see them head home and train before the season. It would create buzz.

Reactions: Kinkladze