New Supporter From Ct

JoeyDoux

Registered
Seasoned Supporter
Jul 10, 2014
Hope this goes over well here :rolleyes:.... I'm a Manchester United supporter from southern CT (even after being in the south stand against Liverpool back in March.. ouch) I've been following the Premier League for the past 11 seasons and I have tried to get into following MLS ever since the Metrostars became the RedBulls, but I couldn't get behind a team that was named after the most foul drink on the face of the planet (who wants to wear that fucking jersey?). I've been to a few regular season Red Bulls matches since 2006 and a few summer friendlies at the stadium, but other than what I've seen there I'm unfamiliar with the MLS.

I was hoping for the Cosmos to join the MLS, but I think we can finally say that won't ever be happening. I was on the fence about supporting a team associated with a bitter rival but since I'm a huge Yankees fan it seemed like I could make it work. I put a down payment on some season tickets a few weeks ago and I am very excited for the season to start and to get myself familiar with the MLS. I hope you all can accept me as one of your own!!

Reactions: D_RoyJenkins
Hope this goes over well here :rolleyes:.... I'm a Manchester United supporter from southern CT (even after being in the south stand against Liverpool back in March.. ouch) I've been following the Premier League for the past 11 seasons and I have tried to get into following MLS ever since the Metrostars became the RedBulls, but I couldn't get behind a team that was named after the most foul drink on the face of the planet (who wants to wear that fucking jersey?). I've been to a few regular season Red Bulls matches since 2006 and a few summer friendlies at the stadium, but other than what I've seen there I'm unfamiliar with the MLS.

I was hoping for the Cosmos to join the MLS, but I think we can finally say that won't ever be happening. I was on the fence about supporting a team associated with a bitter rival but since I'm a huge Yankees fan it seemed like I could make it work. I put a down payment on some season tickets a few weeks ago and I am very excited for the season to start and to get myself familiar with the MLS. I hope you all can accept me as one of your own!!
Thanks for joining and welcome!
If you want the Seasoned Supporter flair send @NYCFC_Dan a screenshot of your confirmation email.

I was hoping for the Cosmos to join the MLS, but I think we can finally say that won't ever be happening. I was on the fence about supporting a team associated with a bitter rival but since

I'm a huge Yankees fan it seemed like I could make it work. I put a down payment on some season tickets a few weeks ago and I am very excited for the season to start and to get myself familiar with the MLS. I hope you all can accept me as one of your own!!
Welcome bro. I was the same way as far as supporting this team. I'm a die hard Napoli supporter. I kept saying to myself ' I cant support another team' I actually felt guilty. Let's be honest here. I go to Italy about once a year if I'm lucky. Yankees ! I hate them. Yes I'm born and raised in the Bronx lol. I find baseball to be boring. It's a new team from the Bronx, well then they have my support. Who I love in Europe is another thing. Don't mind my rambling. I'm hungover. Since you're in ct do keep in touch. If you want to meet up for a drink with some of the boys just let me know. You're more than welcome. Especially come game time and away games. Talk to you later