Nick Chavez here

Hey guys,
My name is Nick Chavez, this is my first post on here, and I've been writing solely about NYCFC on SoccerNewsday.com since August of 2013. My column archive is here, in case you guys are interested, and my twitter account is @NickChavezMLS.

That aside, I just want to let you know that I've already written a response to this that should be out within the next 3 days, I just have to make sure it's not edited to hell. I think you'll all like it very much. ;)

Hey guys,
My name is Nick Chavez, this is my first post on here, and I've been writing solely about NYCFC on SoccerNewsday.com since August of 2013. My column archive is here, in case you guys are interested, and my twitter account is @NickChavezMLS.

That aside, I just want to let you know that I've already written a response to this that should be out within the next 3 days, I just have to make sure it's not edited to hell. I think you'll all like it very much. ;)
I commented on the previous thread as well --

It's great to have you hear Nick. You're a vocal supporter that has done a lot to promote the club. This community has been expanding rapidly recently, it's exciting that we can all be a part of it.

Reactions: Nick Chavez
Hey Nick. I've been following your comments on twitter a lot - you're about the one guy consistently sticking up for NYCFC in a considered way against the torrents of abuse from bitter RBNY fans. I was actually thinking of suggesting to Dan that he invite you to join us here. Very interested to see your opinions on a few things

I know these posts are old, but I wanted to reply to them anyways.

First of all, thanks for all the kind words, guys. It's no secret that I think very highly about the potential of NYCFC, and since it's my most local club and I've been assigned to follow it, inform/give my opinion on it through my soccernewsday.com column since July of 2013, I've kept a close eye on developments, and most have only fortified my opinion that NYCFC is destined for great things.

I think what the fans, and especially the Supporter's Group(s) do will go a long way with how the club is perceived by the NYC public (which goes a long way in attracting new fans, soccer fans and non-soccer fans alike, since few people want to get behind something that isn't perceived as important, especially not New Yorkers), as well as how seriously the Sheik and NY Yankees take this investment and how far they want to propel the team with greatness.

Certainly, all the ingredients are there, the only thing really holding us back is MLS's salary cap, but I expect restrictions to be loosened in time, and more money being able to be invested that can make NYCFC a truly world-class club competitively. I don't expect anything to happen over night, but if we do things the right way and keep our eyes on the prize, the sky is really the limit it. At least, that's what I think.

Hey Nick. I've been following your comments on twitter a lot - you're about the one guy consistently sticking up for NYCFC in a considered way against the torrents of abuse from bitter RBNY fans. I was actually thinking of suggesting to Dan that he invite you to join us here. Very interested to see your opinions on a few things

Thanks Falastur, glad you noticed and appreciate my efforts. As far as my opinion on "a few things", never hesitate to tag me in a post and ask me directly, and I will do my best to come by and give my two cents. That goes for everybody, and I appreciate the consideration and the esteem. I also greatly admire your vision good sense to follow this club. I think it's a winner.

Best of luck to all of us and to New York City Football Club! Keep me posted!