Nyc Fc Supporters App?

chupalo

Registered
Seasoned Supporter
May 3, 2014
There is nothing better than a stadium of fans singing in support of a team. And nobody does it better than soccer fans.

I was thinking an app that contained supporter songs and chants would be great to get the masses involved. Make it easy for the fan on the margin. The supporters section might even use the app to let the knew fans know the lyrics of the chants. Make this new team of ours something for everyone to be excited about.

Does anyone think this is a good idea? Worth the effort? Any developers out there want to collaborate? If not, I dream of a NYC soccer stadium singing with the following intensity. How do we make this happen!?

-CL

I like where you are going with this. In the meantime, we should outreach via twitter/fb/youtube to get fringe fans involved with the chants. It'll be hard enough to get people to download the app so we should start getting their attention through other mediums.

It would be great if we kept up a NYCFC supporters youtube channel where we can give fringe fans the stadium/fan experience. We could also upload the chants there so people can learn.

Reactions: BToto920 and Vito
I like where you are going with this. In the meantime, we should outreach via twitter/fb/youtube to get fringe fans involved with the chants. It'll be hard enough to get people to download the app so we should start getting their attention through other mediums.

It would be great if we kept up a NYCFC supporters youtube channel where we can give fringe fans the stadium/fan experience. We could also upload the chants there so people can learn.
Let's see how Saturday goes. I've got no problem compiling and streamlining that list, but lets see what the SG has in mind first.
I think having a YouTube account would be a great idea too. I've tried registering NYCFCSupporters and the variants, all those accounts are taken. Perhaps they've already started putting it together?

Let's see how Saturday goes. I've got no problem compiling and streamlining that list, but lets see what the SG has in mind first.
I think having a YouTube account would be a great idea too. I've tried registering NYCFCSupporters and the variants, all those accounts are taken. Perhaps they've already started putting it together?

Oh a list of NYCFC supporters on Social Media? That would be cool.

Last edited:
I will certainly leave all the decision making/organization to you guys. Am a developer and would love to do my small part. Keep me posted.

Oh, and can the SG do something like this at the end each meeting, starting tomorrow? :)

Reactions: Capt.Tsubasa
Another idea, Google. Tons of people I know in NYC are using Google+ instead of Facebook these days, professionally and socially. An NYC FC gmail calendar. I'm a huge Google user so not sure what other importable calendars or environments are really popular but it's fantastic when I import the 2014 World Cup calendar and get email reminders about all games and upcoming events.

Reactions: Capt.Tsubasa
A supporters app would be effing brilliant!!! I imagine it could have some great functions for an innovative fan experience. Stuff like chant coordination by a capo function with real time karaoke, so every fan can follow what is being chanted; chant amplification through every device; Play-by-play chat; Fan-stagram; jumbotron interaction; remote beer ordering; pub crawl guide... The possibilities are endless!!! :D

That's a great idea - we've been thinking about a SG app for a while. It's very high on our list of priorities.