NYCFC Academy - General Discussion

Reactions: Kjbert
My understanding is that USSF and MLS refused to participate in the scheme that would get them training compensation.

really? i think its a FIFA mandate more than anything to give compensation. I thought what they refused was giving non MLS academies (or pay to play clubs) their fair share, such was the case with Yedlin.

right they didnt give it to them since they are pay to play ( which sounds like a BS excuse). I still feel it was because it was a non MLS academy, so USSF/ MLS is more of the mindset that only the MLS can benefit. which is BS but it seems to be their take. If Polvera does sign in europe i think they will ask for it for nycfc. It wont result in any GAM or anything since its not a transfer fee but something i guess to keep.

Reactions: Kjbert
ooof this might be bad. Academy kids now see you can go straight to europe from academy/ college instead of taking the james sands route, which is wait a few years first team minutes and only get loaned to europe.

Eh. He hasn’t really played for us for 3 years

Eh. He hasn’t really played for us for 3 years

so he came from another academy? I know there are a few like that where they spend a year or less in the nycfc academy and then move on.