NYCFC Academy - General Discussion

Sands stopped playing for the Academy team when he signed.
Not true. I overheard him at a practice telling a teammate that they lost their match over the weekend to whatever u-19 club they had played. Maybe he doesn’t play every game with them, but he still has done some.

Reactions: Kjbert and adam
He’s on the field with the U19s in the DA semifinal at this exact moment
Not true. I overheard him at a practice telling a teammate that they lost their match over the weekend to whatever u-19 club they had played. Maybe he doesn’t play every game with them, but he still has done some.

Love when someone posts out of their ass and plays it off as fact.

ETA meant for the original poster who answered me.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
Love when someone posts out of their ass and plays it off as fact.

ETA meant for the original poster who answered me.
My bad — I didn’t remember he signed his homegrown last June. I thought it was much more recently.

He’s played in 15 of their 29 games, including their last 5 which were the playoffs.

Must be nice never making mistakes, Adam!

Interestingly enough our U18/19 team has a ton of kids around 15-16
Reyna has previously discussed this as the best way to challenge the players to raise their game. Since they’re already the top players in their age group in the region, the only way to be challenged is to play olderplayers that are more physically developed with theoretically more years of training.

Reyna has previously discussed this as the best way to challenge the players to raise their game. Since they’re already the top players in their age group in the region, the only way to be challenged is to play olderplayers that are more physically developed with theoretically more years of training.

The CFG way.

Nope. Sorry. Maybe he's already abroad. Expected to see them this week and didn't. Could just be on vacation.

In order to get to the semifinals our academy had to win a group including FC Dallas 18/19 which has the track record as the most successful academy team in MLS, is the perennial favorite to win the championship and is full of age appropriate players because their teams are so full.

On the MLS Fantasy live video on Twitter, they previewed the match and Doyle said from everyone he's spoken to about the match, LA Galaxy are heavy favorites.