Nycfc Acquire Cdm Federico Bravo On Loan From Boca Juniors [FINALLY confirmed p13]

I'll predict that Wingert + GAM are traded for an international spot tomorrow.
With 11 slots NYCFC would be among the most if not the most int'l slots per club in MLS. Definitely the most in use.

How much GAM or TAM could we possibly have?

This is great. I'm also real curious how this pans out with our international spots. Could an additional international spot have been Garbers consolation prize for us not being allowed to claim Harrison as a home grown? It might not be fair to the rest of the league, but I don't mind the Shiekh having multiple turns at the Garber Glory Hole.

With 11 slots NYCFC would be among the most if not the most int'l slots per club in MLS. Definitely the most in use.

How much GAM or TAM could we possibly have?

Shedding Wingert's salary saves us $225k. If we pitch in $100k GAM, we actually save money overall.

Reactions: adam
He's young, and we don't know anything about him other than he couldn't get many minutes for his last team. Let's not sharpie him into the starting lineup just yet.
In fairness, very few players (if any) in MLS could get minutes for Boca. That team is a Juggernaut of talent. Not getting minutes for them doesn't correlate to a lack of overall skill, just not as much as they've currently stockpiled.

Im gonna guess and say we ship wingert out to real salt lake for an international spot.

If he signs, really looking forward to see him play and what that would do in terms of our starting 11. If he is solid, this all but means mix will be played out wide, along with poku.

I like this acquisition, but let's keep in mind what we are getting. He is a young (22 YOA) player who isn't good enough to get on the depth chart at Boca and is still developing. D_RoyJenkins D_RoyJenkins is correct. This is a lot like Calle. Bravo plays a bit. We take a look. Maybe he's a guy we take on long term. Maybe he goes back with some good experience under his belt. I don't think he is challenging Mix for a starting role, but we need depth at CDM and CB, and he will provide it. He can come off the bench late to help lock down a win. He can maybe start when Mix and Pirlo are on international duty.

I like this acquisition, but let's keep in mind what we are getting. He is a young (22 YOA) player who isn't good enough to get on the depth chart at Boca and is still developing. D_RoyJenkins D_RoyJenkins is correct. This is a lot like Calle. Bravo plays a bit. We take a look. Maybe he's a guy we take on long term. Maybe he goes back with some good experience under his belt. I don't think he is challenging Mix for a starting role, but we need depth at CDM and CB, and he will provide it. He can come off the bench late to help lock down a win. He can maybe start when Mix and Pirlo are on international duty.
Whoa whoa whoa...... Calle was the epitome of a Homeless Journeyman in that he was constantly loaned out by his home club for 4 straight years to 3 different teams - that's 4 years with only 26 appearances. His home team knew he wasn't any good and his temporary teams figured it out too.

In less than half that time, Bravo has gotten 34 games with his home club Boca, which is one of the absolute best teams in the Americas and produces talent like few others.