Nycfc Coaching Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
On Counter Attack tonight, Meola mentioned that an MLS front office approached him within the last two weeks about a managerial role. It was for a team that hasn't fired their coach yet.

My gut tells me it's Philly but it's worth discussing.

Last edited by a moderator:
If any club approaches no-coach Tony Meola then they deserve to lose. What a crappy idea.

Was there any talk of NYCFC approaching him? If not why is that in the title of this thread?

If any club approaches no-coach Tony Meola then they deserve to lose. What a crappy idea.

Was there any talk of NYCFC approaching him? If not why is that in the title of this thread?

You must not have ever learned what a question mark means.

I'm assuming it's Philly because of the Earnie Stewart connection. But there is also a connection with Claudio.

I disagree that making him a manager is a bad idea. Maybe not the guy for us, but there are sports where you can walk right into coaching.

You must not have ever learned what a question mark means.

I'm assuming it's Philly because of the Earnie Stewart connection. But there is also a connection with Claudio.

I disagree that making him a manager is a bad idea. Maybe not the guy for us, but there are sports where you can walk right into coaching.
Maybe because no where was there any indication that Meola was approached by NYCFC. You made that jump in logic all by yourself.

Meola to NYCFC doesn't even belong in a offseason rumor thread.

Reactions: Gene and NYCFCfan
ugh not this.....i mean i think his time is up i mean england seem to suck everything out of him, and dude was waaaaaaaya over paid in the russia job and failed. I mean heck they qualified for euros by going on some winning streak with a manager not named Capello. If was still there maybe russia doesnt make it to France 2016

This would be a disaster. This offseason will tell us a lot about the club and how things will be managed going forward. Will it be a club with stability and long term vision, or a dysfunctional mess with constant restarts and short-sighted decision making? Have a bad feeling it'll be the latter.

Status
Not open for further replies.