Nycfc Coaching Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is CFG meddling? They sat back and watched our coach play Jacobson, Grabavoy, and Wingert all year. Kreis was given enough rope to hang himself

Who else is there? these were the scraps we could pick from the expansion draft. AND these guys may still be playing many games next year ( though i do not know the contract negotiations though i remember some of them had player options)

We were a week late. He'd have been astounding.

i dont see how piojo herrera gets so much love here. is it because of his passion? I mean id definitely be entertained but as i mentioned before, the things with im is communication. He doesnt speak english and many times he talks to players alot to get the best out of them one on one and as a group. Some stuff just isint the same with a translator

Anyone but Viera please. He'll just be a yes man who makes sure all the MCFC loans are playing every game.

I still would prefer someone from within the league. But I guess at this point I would take Capello even though I am pretty sure he would fail. But at least he's an actual coach unlike Viera.

I don't know if CFG is going to pony up enough for Capello. Any coaches famous for coaching on small pitches? Might be worth taking a gander at some of them, if we're going to play 50% of our matches on a small field. Get someone who can match their expertise to our limitations.

Reactions: gbservis
Anyone who managed QPR then

Said this in a different thread, Dortmund's U-23 left. He is not joining Liverpool. His name is David Wagner and he was a USMNT briefly in the mid to late 90s.

Where is the (future) Tony Pulis of MLS? Let me be clear: I am not saying I want Tony Pulis or that I endorse all of his methods/tactics, but generally the idea that a manager knows how to get the best out of a limited squad. Substitute making the playoffs by hook or by crook for Pulis' ability to avoid relegation and reverse failing fortunes.

I remember when he came to Palace as I was getting into roughly my third year of watching Premier League and he said:

"It's down to the players you've got. You put an identity on a team, you put an identify on a football club.

"I hate going to watch games of football and at the end you don't know what that team is trying to achieve. So having an identity is key for me. Whether it's Swansea or whoever. It's determined by the players."
(Guardian: Tony Pulis researches lost causes in Crimea to save Crystal Palace, 11/25/2013)

Said this in a different thread, Dortmund's U-23 left. He is not joining Liverpool. His name is David Wagner and he was a USMNT briefly in the mid to late 90s.
Doesn't sound like the kind of guy NYCFC would go through all this trouble to get. I would be surprised if the new coach is a MLSer or a unknown European. I am expecting a big name at this point.

Wagner might be a good one.

No comment on QPR plan. :/

What about Kirovski? How involved is he at LA?

Would love to get Hugo Perez over our academy.

the thing about Capello is he's managed in Italy, England and Spain...there's our 3 DP connection. In reality Fabio is a really good manager...some situations gel for him, some don't...but you can't deny what he "could" bring to the table. I think he'd be a better fit for TFC if available, but we'd prob be the only ones willing to spend the money to get him. Jose Mourinho is on a very short leash right now and may be sacked soon. Capello is in contention for that job or at least linked to it, so we wait. The consensus is Capello or Vieira. I may prefer Capello, cause the "let Vieira get his feet wet here then move on" scenario kind of bothers me. Not sure if I should really care about that or not and learn to accept that we may just be a MCFC developmental squad in a way.

If you are of the camp that managers mean nothing, and it's all about the roster and respect in the locker room, then Veira is a slam dunk.

If you are of the camp that managers are important, than Capello works.

Capello is our Hans Backe.

Shit, we really will be the new RB for the next 20 years. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.